Disabling Message Popup for new email? - Netware

This is a discussion on Disabling Message Popup for new email? - Netware ; Hi - My wife recently started a new job with a computer running Windows 98, and she gets a Netware Message Popup window, whenever she receives new email. Can anyone tell me how to turn that feature off? Thanks....

  1. Disabling Message Popup for new email?

    Hi - My wife recently started a new job with a computer running Windows 98,
    and she gets a Netware Message Popup window, whenever she receives new email.
    Can anyone tell me how to turn that feature off? Thanks.

  2. Re: Disabling Message Popup for new email?

    On 9 JAN 2005 22:08:12 GMT, MRL@PSFC.MIT.EDU wrote:
    > Hi - My wife recently started a new job with a computer running Windows 98,
    > and she gets a Netware Message Popup window, whenever she receives new email.

    This would be a feature of the email software. Perhaps if you told us
    what software it is, we'd be able to help.

    --
    | David Gersic dgersic_@_niu.edu |
    | Real Newspaper Headline: Some Pieces of Rock Hudson Sold at Auction |

  3. Re: Disabling Message Popup for new email?

    In a previous article, David Gersic wrote:
    ->On 9 JAN 2005 22:08:12 GMT, MRL@PSFC.MIT.EDU wrote:
    ->> Hi - My wife recently started a new job with a computer running Windows 98,
    ->> and she gets a Netware Message Popup window, whenever she receives new email.
    ->
    ->This would be a feature of the email software. Perhaps if you told us
    ->what software it is, we'd be able to help.

    Pegasus. But it specifically says "Netware Message Popup". It is not a
    Pegasus window, so that's why I didn't think it had anything to do with
    Pegasus.

  4. Re: Disabling Message Popup for new email?

    On 10 JAN 2005 14:23:09 GMT, MRL@PSFC.MIT.EDU wrote:
    > In a previous article, David Gersic wrote:
    > ->On 9 JAN 2005 22:08:12 GMT, MRL@PSFC.MIT.EDU wrote:
    > ->> Hi - My wife recently started a new job with a computer running Windows 98,
    > ->> and she gets a Netware Message Popup window, whenever she receives new email.
    > ->
    > ->This would be a feature of the email software. Perhaps if you told us
    > ->what software it is, we'd be able to help.
    >
    > Pegasus. But it specifically says "Netware Message Popup". It is not a

    The window title is because it is a "broadcast" message. It's being sent by
    the email delivery system. So, if you don't want it, you have to change the
    email system configuration.

    It's been a while, but it looks like there is an "extended" configuration
    option "Disable delivery notification?" that would do what you want. I seem
    to recall that "extended" configuration options are enabled/disabled by the
    email administrator, so your wife may or may not be able to change this.
    She may need to talk to whoever runs the email system about it.

    There's also a Client32 configuration option to disable all broadcast
    messages. These may be important, so I don't recommend diabling them.
    Depending on your wife's rights to the workstation, she may or may not even
    be able to. She may need to talk to whoever maintains her computer there
    about this.