Novell and check Folder Sizes ! - Netware

This is a discussion on Novell and check Folder Sizes ! - Netware ; Hello, i need urgend help for a problem inside Novell; i must check with normal Netware Tools (if possible) how big are sizes from folders on a Netware Drive. Is this possible or it is needed to take a third ...

  1. Novell and check Folder Sizes !

    Hello,

    i need urgend help for a problem inside Novell;
    i must check with normal Netware Tools (if possible) how big are sizes
    from folders on a Netware Drive. Is this possible or it is needed to
    take a third party tool ?

    Pleas help !!!

    Kind Regards, Miro Vosanovic

  2. Re: Novell and check Folder Sizes !

    On 21 Dec 2004 01:52:29 -0800, Miro Vosanovic wrote:
    > i must check with normal Netware Tools (if possible) how big are sizes
    > from folders on a Netware Drive.

    Right click on the directory ("folder"). Select "properties" from the menu.
    Look at the "general" tab. Is this what you wanted?

    --
    | David Gersic dgersic_@_niu.edu |
    | First Rule of Intelligent Tinkering: Save all the parts. |

  3. Re: Novell and check Folder Sizes !

    "google@vosanovic.de (Miro Vosanovic)" wrote in comp.os.netware.misc:

    > Hello,
    >
    > i need urgend help for a problem inside Novell;
    > i must check with normal Netware Tools (if possible) how big are sizes
    > from folders on a Netware Drive. Is this possible or it is needed to
    > take a third party tool ?
    >
    > Pleas help !!!

    Use the following command at DOS:

    NDIR path /SPA

    If you want to check for the current directory, simply change "path"
    to a dot (".") to indicate the current directory.

    The output should look something like this:

    Restrictions = Physical or assigned space limitation in K bytes.
    In Use = Space in use at specified level.
    Available = Space available after restrictions applied.

    User: RANDOLF
    Server: ICE
    SYS
    Restrictions In Use Available
    Volume Size 18,151,702,528 551,013,376 17,600,689,152
    User volume restrictions: None 88,089,792 17,600,689,152

    Directory restrictions located at:
    \ 487,986,176 17,600,689,152

    Note that the "Available" column will change when a "Directory Space
    Restriction" is in place. In older versions of NetWare, a tool named
    "SYS:PUBLIC/DSPACE.EXE" made it easy to change this. In newer versions I
    believe you need to use "SYS:PUBLIC/FILER.EXE" for this task.

    Anyway, my point is that your "Available" free disk space will change
    relative to a path that has a Directory Space Restriction, so keep in mind
    that in order to find out the true "Available" space on a volume you should
    always check the root directory.

    --
    Randolf Richardson, pro-active spam fighter - rr@8x.ca
    Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada

    Sending eMail to other SMTP servers is a privilege.

+ Reply to Thread