ftpd question - Netware

This is a discussion on ftpd question - Netware ; We have a server that has the ftpd.nlm up and running. Users cannot connect via ftp to the server however. Please let me know how you would troubleshoot this. Rebooted, stop, started ftpd.nlm. May have occurred after SP2 was applied ...

  1. ftpd question

    We have a server that has the ftpd.nlm up and running. Users cannot connect
    via ftp to the server however.

    Please let me know how you would troubleshoot this. Rebooted, stop, started
    ftpd.nlm.

    May have occurred after SP2 was applied to Groupwise on the server.

    OS- Netware 5.1

    Thanks!

  2. Re: ftpd question

    NWFTPD is a little strange to configure. Have a GOOD look at the ftp
    config file in SYS:\ETC. It is well commented & talks you through most
    of the options.

    There is a new version out in Beta NWFTP10 or something like that
    available from the support.novell.com downloads section. The TID that
    comes with it is very helpful. Even if you don't use the new version of
    NWFTPD have a look at the TID.

    The settings for default home dir are a bit confusing. Make sure that
    you have the instance of the server bound to the right IP address if you
    have more than one. Also, make sure the rights are set in NDS to the
    folders you want the users to have access to.

    If you are running Border Manager or another firewall makesure that you
    have exceptions for ports 20 & 21 on the FTP server's IP address.

    In article , just
    a person writes
    >We have a server that has the ftpd.nlm up and running. Users cannot connect
    >via ftp to the server however.
    >
    >Please let me know how you would troubleshoot this. Rebooted, stop, started
    >ftpd.nlm.
    >
    >May have occurred after SP2 was applied to Groupwise on the server.
    >
    >OS- Netware 5.1
    >
    >Thanks!

    Keith Bailey
    Computer Manager