Netware person required in Brisbane for about 2 - 4 hours. - Netware

This is a discussion on Netware person required in Brisbane for about 2 - 4 hours. - Netware ; We are currently trying to migrate away from netware, but need occasional access to netware for legacy reasons (specifically old groupwise email.) We want to setup netware in a virtual machine and copy our existing tree into that VM. If ...

  1. Netware person required in Brisbane for about 2 - 4 hours.

    We are currently trying to migrate away from netware, but need occasional
    access to netware for legacy reasons (specifically old groupwise email.)

    We want to setup netware in a virtual machine and copy our existing tree
    into that VM.

    If anyone would like to quote on this please email
    andrewb
    at
    dominos
    dot
    com
    dot
    au

    Thanks

  2. Re: Netware person required in Brisbane for about 2 - 4 hours.

    This is actually a pretty easy thing to do, although you don't state which
    version of Netware you are using.

    If you get a copy of Portlock Storage Manager you can simply boot from
    that, image your server to a network ftp, then do the reverse from within
    the virtual machine, tweak the storage and lan drivers as appropriate and
    you're pretty much done. Server Magic will do the same, although it's a
    lot more expensive. Portlock is possibly the best value Netware add-on
    we've ever bought.

    Due to an extreme lack of sunshine in the UK, I'd love to quote you, but I
    doubt I'd be very competitive

    --
    Alex Toft
    Networked Systems Consultant

  3. Re: Netware person required in Brisbane for about 2 - 4 hours.

    Thanks Alex, this looks good.

    But what I am after is not replicating the file structure, this has already
    been migrated to Windows & AD.

    All I think I need to do is build a new Netware server in the VM and
    replicate the NDS users, roles and groups. I will then remove the original
    server to test the rights are correct, then retire the old server.

    I dont know how to do this and dont really have the energy to learn how

    And as to the weather, we have just gotten over about 5 days of rain. In
    Queensland that is a long time without a sunny day ;-)

    Andrew

    "Alex Toft" wrote in message
    newsan.2004.12.11.08.35.11.655169@leedsSPAMmet.ac.uk.. .
    > This is actually a pretty easy thing to do, although you don't state which
    > version of Netware you are using.
    >
    > If you get a copy of Portlock Storage Manager you can simply boot from
    > that, image your server to a network ftp, then do the reverse from within
    > the virtual machine, tweak the storage and lan drivers as appropriate and
    > you're pretty much done. Server Magic will do the same, although it's a
    > lot more expensive. Portlock is possibly the best value Netware add-on
    > we've ever bought.
    >
    > Due to an extreme lack of sunshine in the UK, I'd love to quote you, but I
    > doubt I'd be very competitive
    >

    > --
    > Alex Toft
    > Networked Systems Consultant