Any easy way to restore print queues? - Netware

This is a discussion on Any easy way to restore print queues? - Netware ; We're getting ready to upgrade the hard disks in our only novell 4.2 server. However, the restore procedure (veritas bu exec) is going to almost certaily leave is with having to restore the print queues. Is there a better way?? ...

  1. Any easy way to restore print queues?

    We're getting ready to upgrade the hard disks in our only novell 4.2
    server. However, the restore procedure (veritas bu exec) is going to
    almost certaily leave is with having to restore the print queues.

    Is there a better way??

    Thanks

    Tom

  2. Re: Any easy way to restore print queues?

    Try the Novell Migration Wizard

    In article <41b47be0$0$9131$a32e20b9@news.nntpservers.com>, Me
    writes
    >We're getting ready to upgrade the hard disks in our only novell 4.2
    >server. However, the restore procedure (veritas bu exec) is going to
    >almost certaily leave is with having to restore the print queues.
    >
    >Is there a better way??
    >
    >Thanks
    >
    >Tom

    Keith Bailey
    Computer Manager
    Kingsbury High School
    LONDON UK

  3. Re: Any easy way to restore print queues?

    On Mon, 06 Dec 2004 10:33:52 -0500, Me wrote:
    > We're getting ready to upgrade the hard disks in our only novell 4.2
    > server.

    Something akin to this:

    http://straylight.cso.niu.edu/niu-nw4/nw4repl.html

    should work for you. The key is to get DS moved over to the new disk
    intact, and not losing the file system, or the DS links to it, along the
    way.

    > However, the restore procedure (veritas bu exec) is going to
    > almost certaily leave is with having to restore the print queues.
    >
    > Is there a better way??

    You could also use the JRB Utilities. PqMovDir in particular.

    --
    | David Gersic dgersic_@_niu.edu |
    | Real Newspaper Headline: Bank Drive-in Window Blocked by Board |