Netware 3.12 - Using 20Gb drives only 8Gb allowed - Netware

This is a discussion on Netware 3.12 - Using 20Gb drives only 8Gb allowed - Netware ; I'm a newbie and have installed two 20Gb drive in Netware 3.12 and duplexed them but I had an error a few months ago when the partion had 8Gb of data on it. I was able to get the server ...

  1. Netware 3.12 - Using 20Gb drives only 8Gb allowed

    I'm a newbie and have installed two 20Gb drive in Netware 3.12 and
    duplexed them but I had an error a few months ago when the partion had 8Gb
    of data on it. I was able to get the server running again by removing one of
    the drives and deleting some files from the remaining drive.
    The hardware is Pentium 3 with 128Mb of RAM. The drives are 20Gb IDE.

    Is there anything I can download to allow me to use the full 20Gb?
    From where do I download it?
    Do I lose the existing data on the drive?
    Can I then re-install the second drive and duplex them?

    TIA for any help anyone can give.

    Richard

  2. Re: Netware 3.12 - Using 20Gb drives only 8Gb allowed

    On Sat, 04 Dec 2004 18:28:50 GMT, Richard Finn wrote:
    > I'm a newbie and have installed two 20Gb drive in Netware 3.12 and
    > duplexed them but I had an error a few months ago when the partion had 8Gb
    > of data on it.

    You need to check with whoever made the hardware to see if they have
    drivers that support NetWare 3.12. They *probably* don't, since it's
    an ancient version of the OS, but you might get lucky.

    > TIA for any help anyone can give.

    Advice: check with you Novell sales representative to see about an upgrade
    to NetWare 6.5.

    --
    | David Gersic dgersic_@_niu.edu |
    | MCSE: Marketting Corrupts Smart Engineering |

  3. Re: Netware 3.12 - Using 20Gb drives only 8Gb allowed

    Thanks David for the advice. You seem to be right, 2 hours surfing the net
    looking for IDEHD.CDM for NW 3.12 produced nothing. Has anyone out there got
    a copy to email to me?

    Regards

    Richard Finn
    wrfinn@ntlworld.com

    wrote:
    > > I'm a newbie and have installed two 20Gb drive in Netware 3.12 and
    > > duplexed them but I had an error a few months ago when the partion had

    8Gb
    > > of data on it.

    > You need to check with whoever made the hardware to see if they have
    > drivers that support NetWare 3.12. They *probably* don't, since it's
    > an ancient version of the OS, but you might get lucky.
    >
    > > TIA for any help anyone can give.

    > Advice: check with you Novell sales representative to see about an upgrade
    > to NetWare 6.5.
    >
    > --
    > | David Gersic dgersic_@_niu.edu

    > | MCSE: Marketting Corrupts Smart Engineering

    > | Email address is munged to avoid spammers. Remove the underscores.

  4. Re: Netware 3.12 - Using 20Gb drives only 8Gb allowed

    http://www.huweb.hu/maques/nwudma.htm

    "Richard Finn" сообщил/сообщила в новостях
    > Thanks David for the advice. You seem to be right, 2 hours surfing the net
    > looking for IDEHD.CDM for NW 3.12 produced nothing. Has anyone out there

    got
    > a copy to email to me?

  5. Re: Netware 3.12 - Using 20Gb drives only 8Gb allowed

    "Richard Finn" wrote:
    >Thanks David for the advice. You seem to be right, 2 hours surfing the net
    >looking for IDEHD.CDM for NW 3.12 produced nothing. Has anyone out there got
    >a copy to email to me?
    >
    >Regards
    >
    >Richard Finn
    >wrfinn@ntlworld.com

    I can remember using a large IDE drive in a desktop machine that I'd
    turned into a server. Check this page for the HAM drivers:
    http://support.novell.com/cgi-bin/se...i?/2951606.htm

    Perhaps that might point you in the right direction.
    HTH,
    Myron

+ Reply to Thread