Forcing a Filename Change - Netware

This is a discussion on Forcing a Filename Change - Netware ; I am a network admin on a NetWare 6.0 network. Does anyone know of a way to force a user to change the filename of a file when they copy the file to a different folder on the NetWare server? ...

  1. Forcing a Filename Change

    I am a network admin on a NetWare 6.0 network. Does anyone know of a
    way to force a user to change the filename of a file when they copy
    the file to a different folder on the NetWare server?

    Thanks in advance,

    Wayne Mathews

  2. Re: Forcing a Filename Change

    waynemathews@nuinet.com (Wayne Mathews) wrote:

    >I am a network admin on a NetWare 6.0 network. Does anyone know of a
    >way to force a user to change the filename of a file when they copy
    >the file to a different folder on the NetWare server?
    >
    >Thanks in advance,
    >
    >Wayne Mathews

    In a general sense - I don't know. For a specific (known) file have a file
    at the destination be read-only (write protected) so that the file in copy
    can't over right and thus must have a name change.

    I don't know if that helps - FWIW

    Jim

+ Reply to Thread