Fixing Error 961 (246:0) on Netware 6.0 - Netware

This is a discussion on Fixing Error 961 (246:0) on Netware 6.0 - Netware ; Ran into the following problem: While trying to do a salvage, using Netware Administrator on Netware 6.0, there were no problems restoring existing files. However, when trying to restore files from a deleted directory, clicking on the "List" button got ...

  1. Fixing Error 961 (246:0) on Netware 6.0

    Ran into the following problem:

    While trying to do a salvage, using Netware Administrator on Netware
    6.0, there were no problems restoring existing files. However, when
    trying to restore files from a deleted directory, clicking on the
    "List" button got me the error message:

    ==================
    (Error 961) NetWare Administrator

    An error occurred during an attempt to retrieve the salvageable file
    list.

    Error code: 246:0
    (Note the error number and error code and refer to Help Topics -
    System Messages.)
    ==================

    Creating a DELETED.SAV folder in the root of the volume fixed the
    error message.

    I was still unable to list files in deleted folders, though, but was
    able to list files in the current directory... among which were listed
    the deleted folders, which I could then salvage, then perfom a salvage
    operation on the newly salvaged directory.

    Hope this helps someone!

    Anthony J. Albert

  2. Re: Fixing Error 961 (246:0) on Netware 6.0

    Are you using NSS?

    If so, use C1 rather than NWAdmin to do the restores.

    In article <4167027e.32473765@news.caps.maine.edu>, Anthony J. Albert
    writes

    >Ran into the following problem:
    >
    >While trying to do a salvage, using Netware Administrator on Netware
    >6.0, there were no problems restoring existing files. However, when
    >trying to restore files from a deleted directory, clicking on the
    >"List" button got me the error message:
    >
    >==================
    >(Error 961) NetWare Administrator
    >
    >An error occurred during an attempt to retrieve the salvageable file
    >list.
    >
    >Error code: 246:0
    >(Note the error number and error code and refer to Help Topics -
    >System Messages.)
    >==================
    >
    >Creating a DELETED.SAV folder in the root of the volume fixed the
    >error message.
    >
    >I was still unable to list files in deleted folders, though, but was
    >able to list files in the current directory... among which were listed
    >the deleted folders, which I could then salvage, then perfom a salvage
    >operation on the newly salvaged directory.
    >
    >Hope this helps someone!
    >
    >Anthony J. Albert

    Keith Bailey
    Computer Manager