Novel Home Directory and ActiveX - Netware

This is a discussion on Novel Home Directory and ActiveX - Netware ; At one point we used the ActiveX controls to create home directories for user accounts that we got from a database. This usually entailed creating several thousand at a time. The problem is that it doesn't seem to be setting ...

  1. Novel Home Directory and ActiveX

    At one point we used the ActiveX controls to create home directories
    for user accounts that we got from a database. This usually entailed
    creating several thousand at a time. The problem is that it doesn't
    seem to be setting the trustee correctly. I can see in the code the
    where the directory is created and the trustee for it is created and
    then the effective rights are added to the trustee, but when I
    actually look at the directory's trustee's there is nothing. I must
    be doing this wrong here is a snip of the code:

    Dim MKDir As NWVolAdmLib.NWEntryType
    Dim Path As New NWDirLib.NWPath
    Dim NewDirectory As NWVolAdmLib.NWEntry
    Dim NewTrustee As NWVolAdmLib.NWTrustee ' Making a trustee object
    Dim shortName As String = inUser.ShortName

    ' specifies that this object is a directory
    MKDir = NWVolAdmLib.NWEntryType.NETWAREDIR
    NWVolAdm1.FullName = getVolume()

    Dim t1 As String = "\" & inDirectoryName & "\" & shortName
    Try
    NewDirectory = NWVolAdm1.FindEntry(NWVolAdm1.FullName & t1)
    Catch ex As Exception
    Try
    'creating the directory
    NewDirectory = NWVolAdm1.Entry.Entries.Add(t1, MKDir)
    t1 = inUserFullName & "\" & shortName
    'getting reference to trustee objects of directory
    NewTrustee = NewDirectory.Trustees.Add(t1)

    NewTrustee.EffectiveRights.Create = True 'setting rights
    NewTrustee.EffectiveRights.Erase = True
    NewTrustee.EffectiveRights.Modify = True
    NewTrustee.EffectiveRights.Read = True
    NewTrustee.EffectiveRights.Scan = True
    NewTrustee.EffectiveRights.Write = True
    'NewTrustee.EffectiveRights.AccessControl = True

    'NewDirectory.Size = 30000 'set directory size limits in KB
    NewDirectory.Size = inDirAmount
    NewDirectory.DontCompress = True
    NewDirectory.RenameInhibit = True
    Catch exp as Exception
    logRecord("Home directory NOT created for user '" +
    inUser.FullName + "'")
    logRecord(" - " + exp.Message + "::" +
    exp.InnerException.Message.ToString())
    End Try
    End Try

  2. Re: Novel Home Directory and ActiveX

    On 8 Oct 2004 07:13:00 -0700, Jason Kumpf wrote:
    > At one point we used the ActiveX controls to create home directories
    > for user accounts that we got from a database.

    You might try posting on developer.novell.com.

    --
    | David Gersic dgersic_@_niu.edu |
    | let's see, this plug in goes to ... NO CARRIER. ... |