Running Web Services using Apache - Netware

This is a discussion on Running Web Services using Apache - Netware ; I would like to run NetStorage and GroupWise WebAccess for outside users. I want my outside users to hit http://myipaddress and see the NetWare WebAccess page. From there, users should be able to use gadgets to get to NetStorage and ...

  1. Running Web Services using Apache

    I would like to run NetStorage and GroupWise WebAccess for outside
    users. I want my outside users to hit http://myipaddress and see the
    NetWare WebAccess page. From there, users should be able to use
    gadgets to get to NetStorage and GroupWise WebAccess.

    I'm running NetWare 6 and want to use the versions of Apache and
    Tomcat that come with the installation cd.

    I am having trouble knowing how to configure the eDirectory webaccess
    objects and apache configuration files.

    Does anyone know of documentation describing this kind of setup?

  2. Re: Running Web Services using Apache

    Paul,

    I have had very mixed results with is. When it works, it does so
    straight "out of the box". When it doesn't, it's a nightmare to fix. I
    run both the services you want but on separate servers.

    If you want an easier like do not install IPrint on the same server as
    Netstorage. (All the ports will be changed).

    By far the best way to install Netstorage is as part of a new server
    install. Everything, Apache, Tomcat etc. is installed & configured for
    you & can accept the all the defaults & it should (& does) work.
    HOWEVER, you MUST have a root server certificate installed in your tree
    & SSL & all the PKI stuff must be installed & working properly on the
    Netstorage server. Run PKIDIAG.NLM & check. You will also need to have
    LDAP installed & working & LDAP needs to have clear text passwords
    enabled. (LDAP is how Apache authenticates to NDS).

    Groupwise webaccess is another story altogether. It is easier than
    Netstorage to configure & get working but it really needs to run on a
    different IP address to Netstorage (unless you are happy for Netstorage
    to sit on port 51080 instead of port 80). You will also need to set up
    the agent on the GW server & run the browser stuff on a different
    server. You will find it very awkward to configure webacess & Netstorage
    on the same box. The installs for both assume that they are using the
    primary server IP address &, whilst it's not impossible to get
    Netstorage to run a secondary IP address, it takes a lot of configuring
    & a good deal of luck.

    If you must run both on the same box, install Netstorage first & get it
    working then try to install the webaccess web components separately
    using a secondary IP address. Be sure to have a backup of all the web
    folders in sys: before you install webaccess. It might over-write some
    of the Apache conf files

    The documentation @ www.novell.com/documentation for both Netstorage &
    Webaccess are good but I don't think you will find anything about
    installing them both of the same box. This simply isn't how Novell see
    them running. There are several very good TIDs that explain how
    Netstorage works, but they are not for the faint-hearted.

    Best of luck. You are going to need it!

    In article , Paul
    Jaglowski writes
    >I would like to run NetStorage and GroupWise WebAccess for outside
    >users. I want my outside users to hit http://myipaddress and see the
    >NetWare WebAccess page. From there, users should be able to use
    >gadgets to get to NetStorage and GroupWise WebAccess.
    >
    >I'm running NetWare 6 and want to use the versions of Apache and
    >Tomcat that come with the installation cd.
    >
    >I am having trouble knowing how to configure the eDirectory webaccess
    >objects and apache configuration files.
    >
    >Does anyone know of documentation describing this kind of setup?

    Keith Bailey
    Computer Manager
    Kingsbury High School
    LONDON UK