secure communication between netware client and nw6 server - Netware

This is a discussion on secure communication between netware client and nw6 server - Netware ; Hello all, This is a simple question but I haven't found a clear answer yet. When I login to a NW6 server using a new netware client, that initial authentication is secure, correct? My question is, what about data sent ...

  1. secure communication between netware client and nw6 server

    Hello all,

    This is a simple question but I haven't found a clear answer yet.

    When I login to a NW6 server using a new netware client, that initial
    authentication is secure, correct? My question is, what about data
    sent over the wire after that successful login? At that point, if I
    edit a text file is that communication between my desktop and the
    server traveling over a secure channel? I believe it's not, but I
    haven't found that addressed in any documentation.

    Any help here or pointers to the relevant documentation is much
    appreciated.

    Thanks,

    Eric

  2. Re: secure communication between netware client and nw6 server

    On 28 Sep 2004 12:50:34 -0700, Eric White wrote:
    > When I login to a NW6 server using a new netware client, that initial
    > authentication is secure, correct?

    Yes. Always has been.

    > My question is, what about data
    > sent over the wire after that successful login?

    Not currently encrypted on the wire.

    --
    | David Gersic dgersic_@_niu.edu |
    | Vodka + milk of magnesia: Phillips screwdriver... |