Anyone use MySQL on NetWare? - Netware

This is a discussion on Anyone use MySQL on NetWare? - Netware ; I have a new NetWare 6.5 server that is primarily for iFolder and NetMail. The server is using MySQL as the repository for NSure audit. I've noticed that NSure regularly can't connect to the MySQL server task. It goes into ...

  1. Anyone use MySQL on NetWare?

    I have a new NetWare 6.5 server that is primarily for iFolder and
    NetMail. The server is using MySQL as the repository for NSure audit.
    I've noticed that NSure regularly can't connect to the MySQL server
    task. It goes into "caching mode" for a bit, then can reconnect and
    presumably dump the cached data to the database.

    Some time ago, I tested MySQL on NetWare 6.0 for a small in house app
    and saw the same behavior -- periodically, MySQL simply will not accept
    connections or honor requests from established connections.

    Has anyone else seen this?

    Bud Durland, CNE budSpamBox@thedurlands.com
    (Humans will adapt)
    "There is no careful way to interrogate a Klingon"
    -- Security Chief Odo

  2. Re: Anyone use MySQL on NetWare?

    On Sat, 25 Sep 2004 11:24:55 -0400, Bud Durland wrote:
    > I have a new NetWare 6.5 server that is primarily for iFolder and
    > NetMail. The server is using MySQL as the repository for NSure audit.

    I know we're running MySQL here on NW6 or NW65, but I don't think we're
    using it heavily enough to notice the behaviour you're describing.

    --
    | David Gersic dgersic_@_niu.edu |
    | Programming is the only art form that fights back. |