Help: Loading SCSI drivers from server console - Netware

This is a discussion on Help: Loading SCSI drivers from server console - Netware ; to all that will help I just installed a new SCSI card on the Netware 4.11 server and need to load the drivers i download. I am very new to this, so I do not know how to do this. ...

  1. Help: Loading SCSI drivers from server console

    to all that will help
    I just installed a new SCSI card on the Netware 4.11 server and need to load
    the drivers i download. I am very new to this, so I do not know how to do
    this. I tried LOAD INSTALL from the console, but that did not give me any
    option for loading the drivers. Hope someone can help.

    --
    http://QLiner.com

    The goal of the works of a genius' existance lies only in itself.

  2. Re: Help: Loading SCSI drivers from server console

    On Fri, 17 Sep 2004 00:04:59 -0400, stewart allen wrote:
    > I just installed a new SCSI card on the Netware 4.11 server and need to load
    > the drivers i download.

    You need to know the name of the driver (the file name) you want. Then you
    can load it from the console prompt. Assuming you install the "Foo9900"
    SCSI host adapter, and it came with a foo9900.dsk driver, you would type
    "load foo9900". It may have some optional or required command line
    parameters, but it should prompt for them if needs them.

    Once you have this worked out, you'll need to add whatever you typed to
    get it loaded, with any command line parameters needed, to the
    startup.ncf file on your server's DOS partition.

    This is all covered in the manuals.

    > I tried LOAD INSTALL from the console, but that did not give me any
    > option for loading the drivers.

    You'll need Install next. Once you have the drivers loaded, you'll need
    to use Install to make a partition and volume(s) on your new disk(s).

    --
    | David Gersic dgersic_@_niu.edu |