Login to NetWare server via VPN - Netware

This is a discussion on Login to NetWare server via VPN - Netware ; At my job I use a Novell NetWare Client to login to our Novell NetWare 5 Server everytime I start my computer. Now Iīm trying to connect to the server from home via VPN and itīs working as I can ...

  1. Login to NetWare server via VPN

    At my job I use a Novell NetWare Client to login to our Novell NetWare 5
    Server everytime I start my computer.
    Now Iīm trying to connect to the server from home via VPN and itīs working
    as I can ping the server.
    But is there anyway to install the client so it doesnīt start everytime I
    start my computer? Then I could start the client and login only when the VPN
    connection is open.

    Tomas

  2. Re: Login to NetWare server via VPN

    On Sun, 12 Sep 2004 20:20:32 +0000, Tomas Gustafsson wrote:

    > At my job I use a Novell NetWare Client to login to our Novell NetWare 5
    > Server everytime I start my computer.
    > Now Iīm trying to connect to the server from home via VPN and itīs working
    > as I can ping the server.
    > But is there anyway to install the client so it doesnīt start everytime I
    > start my computer? Then I could start the client and login only when the VPN
    > connection is open.
    >
    > Tomas

    Surely you can just login 'Workstation Only', then once the Windows shell
    is loaded, connect your VPN and do a netware login ?

  3. Re: Login to NetWare server via VPN

    On Sun, 12 Sep 2004 20:20:32 GMT, Tomas Gustafsson wrote:
    > Now Iīm trying to connect to the server from home via VPN and itīs working
    > as I can ping the server.
    > But is there anyway to install the client so it doesnīt start everytime I

    If you're using Win2000 or WinXP, yes. Install the latest version of Client32
    (v4.9.spX) and you'll find a configuration option that leaves the MS GINA as
    the first (primary) login. With this setup, you'll log in to the workstation,
    then start the VPN and log in via a right-click on the red N in your systray.

    --
    | David Gersic dgersic_@_niu.edu |

  4. Re: Login to NetWare server via VPN

    What is MS GINA?
    I donīt use the Windows login at home, I donīt have any password.
    Do I have to use a password in Windows? In Novell I need a password of
    course.

    Tomas

    wrote:
    > > Now Iīm trying to connect to the server from home via VPN and itīs

    working
    > > as I can ping the server.
    > > But is there anyway to install the client so it doesnīt start everytime

    > If you're using Win2000 or WinXP, yes. Install the latest version of

    Client32
    > (v4.9.spX) and you'll find a configuration option that leaves the MS GINA

    as
    > the first (primary) login. With this setup, you'll log in to the

    workstation,
    > then start the VPN and log in via a right-click on the red N in your

    systray.

    > --
    > | David Gersic dgersic_@_niu.edu

    > | Email address is munged to avoid spammers. Remove the underscores.

  5. Re: Login to NetWare server via VPN

    On Mon, 13 Sep 2004 17:36:06 GMT, Tomas Gustafsson wrote:
    > What is MS GINA?

    GINA is the thing you log in to. The default Microsoft one is the one you
    need to use to log in to Windows. Novell adds their own, then chains to the
    Microsoft one by default. You can change this if you want.

    > I donīt use the Windows login at home, I donīt have any password.

    Not sure how you have this set up, but you should just be able to start the
    VPN, then log in via the "N" in the systray.

    --
    | David Gersic dgersic_@_niu.edu |
    | I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy. |

  6. Re: Login to NetWare server via VPN

    Ok, thanks!
    Iīll try that.

    wrote:
    > > What is MS GINA?

    > GINA is the thing you log in to. The default Microsoft one is the one you
    > need to use to log in to Windows. Novell adds their own, then chains to

    the
    > Microsoft one by default. You can change this if you want.
    >
    > > I donīt use the Windows login at home, I donīt have any password.

    > Not sure how you have this set up, but you should just be able to start

    the
    > VPN, then log in via the "N" in the systray.
    >

    > --
    > | David Gersic dgersic_@_niu.edu

    > | I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy.

    > | Email address is munged to avoid spammers. Remove the underscores.

+ Reply to Thread