External storage recommendation - Netware

This is a discussion on External storage recommendation - Netware ; Our Netware server is raid 5 and is almost full. We cannot add any disks to the array. Any recommendations on external storage? I envision a raid 5 box connected via scsi. Should it be raid 5? Thanks! George...

  1. External storage recommendation

    Our Netware server is raid 5 and is almost full. We cannot add any disks to
    the array.

    Any recommendations on external storage? I envision a raid 5 box connected
    via scsi. Should it be raid 5?

    Thanks!

    George

  2. Re: External storage recommendation

    On Thu, 02 Sep 2004 10:50:49 GMT, someone someplace wrote:
    > Our Netware server is raid 5 and is almost full. We cannot add any disks to
    > the array.
    >
    > Any recommendations on external storage?

    I've done external RAID5 cabinets connected to controllers in the machine.
    Works fine, it's just a change in the cabling. Make sure you have your
    external enclosure powered on before the server tries to initialize the
    disks.

    --
    | David Gersic dgersic_@_niu.edu |
    | Disco is to music what Etch-A-Scetch is to art. |