Server Abends NW 5 - Netware

This is a discussion on Server Abends NW 5 - Netware ; We have a mail server hanging daily. Email accounts are getting corrupt. We are seeing mostly C022's. We were able to run a repair on accounts, but now some may be destroyed. GWcheck uitilities did not fix the problem Novell ...

  1. Server Abends NW 5

    We have a mail server hanging daily. Email accounts are getting corrupt. We
    are seeing mostly C022's. We were able to run a repair on accounts, but now
    some may be destroyed. GWcheck uitilities did not fix the problem

    Novell says the Web Access Agent not being totally up to date. It is at
    6.5.1, while the POA and the MTA on this box are at 6.5.2.

    I wonder if the hangs would stop if the web access was disabled. But then
    that leaves some of our community without access.

    Has anyone delt with this issue or have a suggestion?

    Thanks.

    GE

  2. Re: Server Abends NW 5

    On Sat, 28 Aug 2004 00:26:35 GMT, someone someplace wrote:
    > We have a mail server hanging daily.

    Hanging, or abending? If it's an abend, look at sys:system\abend.log and
    post the complete last entry for the most recent abend.

    > I wonder if the hangs would stop if the web access was disabled. But then
    > that leaves some of our community without access.

    Might, depending on what the problem is. You haven't provided sufficient
    information to determin that.

    > Has anyone delt with this issue or have a suggestion?

    If it's an abend, the abend.log file may point toward the culprit.

    With GroupWise, I've seen many different problems. With WebAccess, the most
    common seems to be problems with the viewers. Make sure you're up to date
    on operating system support packs and patches, and make sure you're up to
    date on GroupWise patches and updates.

    --
    | David Gersic dgersic_@_niu.edu |
    | We are upping our standards...so up yours. Pat Paulsen for President. |

  3. Re: Server Abends NW 5

    I have used GW6 for a long time. David is quite right about the viewers
    but it is also important to keep all the agents at the same revision.

    Check the abend log & identify the culprit. Latest SP for GW6.5 is SP2
    do you have it?

    In article <%iQXc.1400$6o3.1112@newsread2.news.atl.earthlink.n et>,
    someone someplace writes

    --