Netware 5.x and running an *.exe in login script - Netware

This is a discussion on Netware 5.x and running an *.exe in login script - Netware ; We want to deploy a 4 meg exe that will run a McAfee superdat. I know if I put in a group to run a bat file that contains the following: # //server/vol1/share/update.bat it will execute the bat file, and ...

  1. Netware 5.x and running an *.exe in login script

    We want to deploy a 4 meg exe that will run a McAfee superdat.

    I know if I put in a group to run a bat file that contains the following: #
    //server/vol1/share/update.bat
    it will execute the bat file, and run the superdat with a /silent parameter
    so the user does not see results.

    What would happen if I put it in to do a container at a time? I do not know
    what the ramifications of a 4 meg file being executed by a community of, say
    50 users at a time.

    How would you do it? We are in the early stages of Zenworks. It is still a
    fairy tale at this point.

  2. Re: Netware 5.x and running an *.exe in login script

    someone someplace wrote:
    > We want to deploy a 4 meg exe that will run a McAfee superdat.
    >
    > I know if I put in a group to run a bat file that contains the following: #
    > //server/vol1/share/update.bat
    > it will execute the bat file, and run the superdat with a /silent parameter
    > so the user does not see results.
    >
    > What would happen if I put it in to do a container at a time? I do not know
    > what the ramifications of a 4 meg file being executed by a community of, say
    > 50 users at a time.
    >
    > How would you do it? We are in the early stages of Zenworks. It is still a
    > fairy tale at this point.

    Personnaly i run a batch script (server side) that copy the .exe from
    the server to the client, then, execute it and then delete it on the
    client side. There is about 50 users too, but i think that we could have
    the same access probleme wherease it a remote copy or a remote execution.

    Stef

+ Reply to Thread