Groupwise - Netware

This is a discussion on Groupwise - Netware ; Hi, I'm looking for a groupwise client running on linux. Stef...

  1. Groupwise

    Hi,

    I'm looking for a groupwise client running on linux.

    Stef

  2. Re: Groupwise

    http://www.novell.com/products/evolution

    --
    | David Gersic dgersic_@_niu.edu |
    | 42?! 7 and a half million years and... - Oh, you were running Windows. |

  3. Re: Groupwise

    David Gersic wrote:
    > On Wed, 25 Aug 2004 11:32:39 +0200, Stéphane Thomas wrote:
    >
    >>I'm looking for a groupwise client running on linux.

    > http://www.novell.com/products/evolution

    Okay I use evolution everyday (with Mandrake 10.0) with our actual
    mail server (postfix). I tried setting my groupwise account in evolution
    but without result.
    I know the IP of the groupwise server, the default port used is 1677. It
    doesn't work, it seems to work in Thunderbird (mozilla email client)
    under windows but when i'm under mandrake evolution can't connect to the
    groupwise server. Is there any special setting to do in evolution for a
    groupwise account ?

    Thanks

    Stef

  4. Re: Groupwise

    On Wed, 25 Aug 2004 23:40:33 +0200, Stéphane Thomas wrote:
    > Okay I use evolution everyday (with Mandrake 10.0) with our actual
    > mail server (postfix). I tried setting my groupwise account in evolution
    > but without result.
    > I know the IP of the groupwise server, the default port used is 1677. It
    > doesn't work, it seems to work in Thunderbird (mozilla email client)

    Hm. Isn't that the IMAP port? I haven't tried Evolution yet, but I thought
    I understood it to have actuall GW support, not just IMAP. Could be wrong
    there, I guess.

    > groupwise server. Is there any special setting to do in evolution for a
    > groupwise account ?

    It's supposed to work, I thought. I've also seen them working on a Java GW
    client that runs on Mac OS/X and Linux, but I'm not sure what the status of
    that is.

    --
    | David Gersic dgersic_@_niu.edu |
    | At Warp speed, Windows should not be open. |