rconsole - Netware

This is a discussion on rconsole - Netware ; I need to be able to reboot my NetWare 5.1 machine on rare occasions remotely. On my 4.11 box, I can load remote and put the password after that string and it loads it with the password. That doesn't seem ...

  1. rconsole

    I need to be able to reboot my NetWare 5.1 machine on rare occasions
    remotely. On my 4.11 box, I can load remote and put the password after that
    string and it loads it with the password. That doesn't seem to work in
    NW5.1. It still stops and prompts me for the password and I have to have
    someone (if during business hours) put the pw in for me. Is there a way
    around this?

    Brian

  2. Re: rconsole

    On Thu, 5 Aug 2004 11:43:36 -0400, Trail Shredder wrote:
    > I need to be able to reboot my NetWare 5.1 machine on rare occasions
    > remotely. On my 4.11 box, I can load remote and put the password after that
    > string and it loads it with the password. That doesn't seem to work in
    > NW5.1.

    On your console, type:

    load remote
    remote encrypt

    then allow it to create ldremote.ncf for you.

    From now on, use ldremote.ncf to load it.

    --
    | David Gersic dgersic_@_niu.edu |
    | Quayle Virus - Their is sumthing rong with yor compueter. |