Netware 5.1 variables - Netware

This is a discussion on Netware 5.1 variables - Netware ; Hi all, Actually i'm using the variable %P_STATION in the login script to generate a filename to keep trace of antivirus updates, this provide me the MAC address. I would have the IP (not IPX) address rather than the MAC ...

  1. Netware 5.1 variables

    Hi all,

    Actually i'm using the variable %P_STATION in the login script to
    generate a filename to keep trace of antivirus updates, this provide me
    the MAC address. I would have the IP (not IPX) address rather than the
    MAC address. Any idea ?

    Stef

  2. Re: Netware 5.1 variables

    On Wed, 28 Jul 2004 13:37:20 +0200, Stéphane Thomas
    wrote:

    >I would have the IP (not IPX) address rather than the
    >MAC address. Any idea ?

    Use the variable %NETWORK_ADDRESS which will give you the IP address in
    hexadecimal. For example, 10.1.1.5 would be:

    0A010105

    Hope this helps.

    regards
    Marcus