Mount partition on linux over tcp/ip - Netware

This is a discussion on Mount partition on linux over tcp/ip - Netware ; Hi, I would like to mount a netware partition on a linux system. However I can not recompile the linux kernel and it has no IPX support. I managed to enable TCP/IP support on netware but I am stuck here. ...

  1. Mount partition on linux over tcp/ip

    Hi,

    I would like to mount a netware partition on a linux system. However I
    can not recompile the linux kernel and it has no IPX support. I
    managed to enable TCP/IP support on netware but I am stuck here.

    Since I am a complete newbie in the Netware world I would appreciate a
    description of the options that I have and possibly a step by step
    guide

    Btw. It seems I have Netware 5.

    Thank you,
    ligiu

  2. Re: Mount partition on linux over tcp/ip

    Ligiu Uiorean wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I would like to mount a netware partition on a linux system. However I
    > can not recompile the linux kernel and it has no IPX support. I
    > managed to enable TCP/IP support on netware but I am stuck here.
    >
    > Since I am a complete newbie in the Netware world I would appreciate a
    > description of the options that I have and possibly a step by step
    > guide
    >
    > Btw. It seems I have Netware 5.
    >

    > Thank you,
    > ligiu

    I don't know the right line to put to /etc/fstab to have Netware volumes
    mounted automatically so i did the following on my mandrake 10.0
    workstation :

    in /etc/rc.local

    ncpmount -C -o
    passwdfile=/home/stef/scripts/sciencinfus.admin.passwdfile,uid=stef,gid=ncpusers ,ro
    -S SCIENCINFUS -A sciencinfus -U ADMIN.SAINTMARTIN.37.FRANCE -V sys
    /sciencinfus-sys

    Here, SCIENCINFUS is the server name, sys the Netware volume to mount.

    ~/scripts/sciencinfus.admin.passwdfile contain :
    SCIENCINFUS/STHOMAS.USERS.SAINTMARTIN.37.FRANCE:xxxxxxxxxxx

    Another exemple :

    ncpmount -C -o
    passwdfile=/home/stef/scripts/sciencinfus.passwdfile,uid=stef,gid=ncpusers
    -S SCIENCINFUS -A sciencinfus -U STHOMAS.USERS.SAINTMARTIN.37.FRANCE -V
    vol1/DONNEES/TEMPORAIRE /sciencinfus-temporaire

    to mount the Netware volume called TEMPORAIRE

    Like you, i don't have the ipx module loaded because SCIENCINFUS 's
    working in full IP mode. Note that i've got the kernel module ncpfs
    loaded and i don't know if it would work without this.

    Regards,

    Stef

+ Reply to Thread