Netware 4.1 CDs.. - Netware

This is a discussion on Netware 4.1 CDs.. - Netware ; Hi. Does anybody here know the legality of selling "old" Netware server install kits. I have a set of CDs manuals etc for Netware 4.1 and copies of the three licence floppies (50+50+100 (200 users)) The original licence discs have ...

  1. Netware 4.1 CDs..

    Hi.
    Does anybody here know the legality of selling "old" Netware
    server install kits.

    I have a set of CDs manuals etc for Netware 4.1 and copies of the
    three licence floppies (50+50+100 (200 users)) The original licence
    discs have been lost.

    Does the licence from Novell transfer to the buyer? Or should the
    software just not be sold "second hand"

    Many thanks for your help.
    All The Best.
    --
    Tim.R.Bluck.
    tb@qq22.net

  2. Re: Netware 4.1 CDs..

    postmaster wrote:

    >Hi.
    > Does anybody here know the legality of selling "old" Netware
    >server install kits.
    >
    >I have a set of CDs manuals etc for Netware 4.1 and copies of the
    >three licence floppies (50+50+100 (200 users)) The original licence
    >discs have been lost.
    >
    >Does the licence from Novell transfer to the buyer? Or should the
    >software just not be sold "second hand"
    >
    >Many thanks for your help.
    >All The Best.
    >--
    >Tim.R.Bluck.
    >tb@qq22.net

    I can say one thing, from experience, in that if you post it up on eBay,
    Novell will step in and kill the auction(s). After having two or three
    auctions killed (all put up at the same time) that I read the lic for the
    items and re-sale was forbidden. Perhaps that will be fact with your item.

  3. Re: Netware 4.1 CDs..

    In article <40ec49a4.247254793@netnews.insightbb.com>,
    www.JimWilliamson.net writes
    >postmaster wrote:
    >
    >>Hi.
    >> Does anybody here know the legality of selling "old" Netware
    >>server install kits.
    >>
    >>I have a set of CDs manuals etc for Netware 4.1 and copies of the
    >>three licence floppies (50+50+100 (200 users)) The original licence
    >>discs have been lost.
    >>
    >>Does the licence from Novell transfer to the buyer? Or should the
    >>software just not be sold "second hand"
    >>
    >>Many thanks for your help.
    >>All The Best.
    >>--
    >>Tim.R.Bluck.
    >>tb@qq22.net

    >I can say one thing, from experience, in that if you post it up on eBay,
    >Novell will step in and kill the auction(s). After having two or three
    >auctions killed (all put up at the same time) that I read the lic for the
    >items and re-sale was forbidden. Perhaps that will be fact with your item.

    Yes, Same thing here, Novell, Via E-Bay. Pulled the auction.
    I guess I'd better pop the big red box back in the cupboard
    and forget about it...!
    -
    Cheers.

    All The Best.
    --
    Tim.R.Bluck.
    tb@qq22.net

  4. Re: Netware 4.1 CDs..

    postmaster wrote:

    >In article <40ec49a4.247254793@netnews.insightbb.com>,
    >www.JimWilliamson.net writes
    >>postmaster wrote:
    >>
    >>>Hi.
    >>> Does anybody here know the legality of selling "old" Netware
    >>>server install kits.
    >>>
    >>>I have a set of CDs manuals etc for Netware 4.1 and copies of the
    >>>three licence floppies (50+50+100 (200 users)) The original licence
    >>>discs have been lost.
    >>>
    >>>Does the licence from Novell transfer to the buyer? Or should the
    >>>software just not be sold "second hand"
    >>>
    >>>Many thanks for your help.
    >>>All The Best.
    >>>--
    >>>Tim.R.Bluck.
    >>>tb@qq22.net

    >>I can say one thing, from experience, in that if you post it up on eBay,
    >>Novell will step in and kill the auction(s). After having two or three
    >>auctions killed (all put up at the same time) that I read the lic for the
    >>items and re-sale was forbidden. Perhaps that will be fact with your item.

    >Yes, Same thing here, Novell, Via E-Bay. Pulled the auction.
    >I guess I'd better pop the big red box back in the cupboard
    >and forget about it...!

    I hear ya. Fortunately I ended up giving the main red box (3.x) to a
    younger kid who's looking at playing with / learning about networks.

+ Reply to Thread