Problem with Netware client on Win98 - Netware

This is a discussion on Problem with Netware client on Win98 - Netware ; Hello, We've just installed a Netware 5.1 file server, if connecting from WinNT or WinXP mappings are working but from a Win98 it map all the Netware volume. Any idea ? Used Netware client on Win98 workstations : 3.32.0.0 sp2 ...

  1. Problem with Netware client on Win98

    Hello,

    We've just installed a Netware 5.1 file server, if connecting from WinNT
    or WinXP mappings are working but from a Win98 it map all the Netware
    volume. Any idea ?

    Used Netware client on Win98 workstations : 3.32.0.0 sp2

    Thanks

    Stef

  2. Re: Problem with Netware client on Win98

    Stéphane Thomas wrote:
    > Hello,
    >
    > We've just installed a Netware 5.1 file server, if connecting from WinNT
    > or WinXP mappings are working but from a Win98 it map all the Netware
    > volume. Any idea ?
    >
    > Used Netware client on Win98 workstations : 3.32.0.0 sp2

    Don't know for sure, but I've been using 3.34 and found in general it
    works better. That's conecting into a 5.1 server.

    Pete.
    --
    Peter Clinch Medical Physics IT Officer
    Fax 44 1382 640177 Dundee DD1 9SY Scotland UK

  3. Re: Problem with Netware client on Win98

    Peter Clinch wrote:

    >> Used Netware client on Win98 workstations : 3.32.0.0 sp2

    > Don't know for sure, but I've been using 3.34 and found in general it
    > works better. That's conecting into a 5.1 server.

    Thanks for your reply, i'll try to convince my bosses to upgrade from
    3.32 to 3.34
    Actually my hierarchy thinks that 3.32 is more stable than 3.34 even if
    Novell recommand the last one...

    Stef

  4. Re: Problem with Netware client on Win98

    Actually, guys, C3.4 is the current version for Win98.

    Are you using IP or IPX?

    Check in the client properties that you are actually executing the login
    script under Win98.

    In article <40eab992$0$13899$626a14ce@news.free.fr>, Stéphane Thomas
    writes
    >Peter Clinch wrote:
    >
    >>> Used Netware client on Win98 workstations : 3.32.0.0 sp2

    >> Don't know for sure, but I've been using 3.34 and found in general
    >>it works better. That's conecting into a 5.1 server.
    >>

    >Thanks for your reply, i'll try to convince my bosses to upgrade from
    >3.32 to 3.34
    >Actually my hierarchy thinks that 3.32 is more stable than 3.34 even if
    >Novell recommand the last one...
    >
    > Stef

    Keith Bailey
    Computer Manager