Error message with Novell Client - Netware

This is a discussion on Error message with Novell Client - Netware ; We have noticed if a W2k workstation logs in with only 'user' rights (instead of power user or administrator) that an error message pops up after login relating to 'snapshot image failed'. We have a partial Zenworks in place. If ...

  1. Error message with Novell Client

    We have noticed if a W2k workstation logs in with only 'user' rights
    (instead of power user or administrator) that an error message pops up after
    login relating to 'snapshot image failed'. We have a partial Zenworks in
    place.

    If you uninstall the Novell Client, it still happens.

    Any ideas on how to cleanly remove all of the client and any Zenworks/image
    attempts?

    George
    outdated cna.

  2. Re: Error message with Novell Client

    On Wed, 30 Jun 2004 10:20:39 GMT, someone someplace wrote:
    > We have noticed if a W2k workstation logs in with only 'user' rights
    > (instead of power user or administrator) that an error message pops up after
    > login relating to 'snapshot image failed'. We have a partial Zenworks in
    > place.

    Sounds like your workstation is in the middle of running snapshot, trying
    to make Zenworks application image snapshot. If you let it finish, or maybe
    run it again to let it run to completion, it should remove itself.

    > If you uninstall the Novell Client, it still happens.

    ....because snapshot isn't part of the Novell Client.

    --
    | David Gersic dgersic_@_niu.edu |
    | And now ...... The Larch. |

  3. Re: Error message with Novell Client

    I will try that today. Thanks.

    George

    "David Gersic" wrote in message
    > On Wed, 30 Jun 2004 10:20:39 GMT, someone someplace wrote:
    > > We have noticed if a W2k workstation logs in with only 'user' rights
    > > (instead of power user or administrator) that an error message pops up

    after
    > > login relating to 'snapshot image failed'. We have a partial Zenworks

    in
    > > place.

    > Sounds like your workstation is in the middle of running snapshot, trying
    > to make Zenworks application image snapshot. If you let it finish, or

    maybe
    > run it again to let it run to completion, it should remove itself.
    >

    > > If you uninstall the Novell Client, it still happens.

    > ...because snapshot isn't part of the Novell Client.
    >

    > --
    > | David Gersic dgersic_@_niu.edu

    > | And now ...... The Larch.

    > | Email address is munged to avoid spammers. Remove the underscores.

  4. Re: Error message with Novell Client

    David, it turned out not being related to Zenworks... My bad.

    It was a IBM imaging component that I had to uninstall... It wasnt a happy
    camper with 'user' rights.

    Thanks for assisting!

    George, outdated CNA 4.11

    "David Gersic" wrote in message
    > On Wed, 30 Jun 2004 10:20:39 GMT, someone someplace wrote:
    > > We have noticed if a W2k workstation logs in with only 'user' rights
    > > (instead of power user or administrator) that an error message pops up

    after
    > > login relating to 'snapshot image failed'. We have a partial Zenworks

    in
    > > place.

    > Sounds like your workstation is in the middle of running snapshot, trying
    > to make Zenworks application image snapshot. If you let it finish, or

    maybe
    > run it again to let it run to completion, it should remove itself.
    >

    > > If you uninstall the Novell Client, it still happens.

    > ...because snapshot isn't part of the Novell Client.
    >

    > --
    > | David Gersic dgersic_@_niu.edu

    > | And now ...... The Larch.

    > | Email address is munged to avoid spammers. Remove the underscores.

+ Reply to Thread