Auditcon and e-directory - Netware

This is a discussion on Auditcon and e-directory - Netware ; Hi, Some years ago I messed with a netware server, and got Auditcon up and running, and it logged users activities on files in certain folders. I told a client recently that he could probably do the same, but I ...

  1. Auditcon and e-directory

    Hi,

    Some years ago I messed with a netware server, and got Auditcon up and
    running, and it logged users activities on files in certain folders.

    I told a client recently that he could probably do the same, but I am now
    being told that Auditcon doesn't work, probably because they "upgraded" to
    e-directory (whatever that is... new filesystem ???).

    They use netware 5.1, e-directory 8.7.0.3.

    He tried something called Nsure Audit, but he said it produced huge logfiles
    because he can't configure it to log specific events (file access), in
    specific folders. It logs everything everywhere.

    Can anyone verify this, and maybe briefly explain what e-directory is, and
    even give me some tips on what to do now ?

    And doesn't logging everyhing slow the system down ?

    thx
    /jim

  2. Re: Auditcon and e-directory

    On Mon, 28 Jun 2004 12:30:59 +0200, Jim Andersen wrote:
    > And doesn't logging everyhing slow the system down ?

    Oh, and BTW, I know the guy behind most of the code for NSure Audit. He's a
    speed / performance nut, and is very concerned with performance. There's
    inevitably some overhead to any auditing, but you can be sure that he's
    minimized it and tested it under load to ensure that you won't notice it.

    --
    | David Gersic dgersic_@_niu.edu |
    | Please hold, a service representative will annoy you shortly. |