User/group tool? - Netware

This is a discussion on User/group tool? - Netware ; I'm looking for a tool that will dump all the user and group info from NDS to a text or CSV file. I want to parse out the info and get what users have what rights/access to what resources. I've ...

  1. User/group tool?

    I'm looking for a tool that will dump all the user and group info from NDS
    to a text or CSV file. I want to parse out the info and get what users
    have what rights/access to what resources. I've looked out on most of the
    common sites and what commercial sites I've found, with no real results.

    Any hints?

    Thanks

  2. Re: User/group tool?

    On Thu, 27 May 2004 13:05:28 -0000, Gregg wrote:
    > I'm looking for a tool that will dump all the user and group info from NDS
    > to a text or CSV file.

    You can dump out user and group data with any number of tools. Included
    with NetWare are nlist.exe and ICE, both of which will dump users, groups,
    and attributes. I believe ICE has an output filter that can produce CSV
    files, too.

    > I want to parse out the info and get what users
    > have what rights/access to what resources.

    Define "resource".

    File system rights are not stored in the directory, so no directory tools
    are going to report on them for you. If that what you're looking for,
    you're probably coming up dry because you're looking for something that
    doesn't exist.

    There are various tools that will report / show you what rights exist in
    the file system. I believe one called DSRazor has some nice options for
    this, from what I've heard. Try http://www.visualclick.net.

    If, by "resource, you mean "printer", then the options expand some more.
    Are you talking about QMS (queue) printers, or NDPS printers?

    Or are you looking for who has what rights in the directory (ie: can
    add/change/delete directory objects)?

    --
    | David Gersic dgersic_@_niu.edu |
    | Windows '95 fixpak #1: 13 disks + new drivers (also known as "os/2") |