Connecting Mac OS X to Netware - Netware

This is a discussion on Connecting Mac OS X to Netware - Netware ; I was able to connect my Mac, running OS 9, to our Novell LAN, using the Mac netware client without issue. However, I'm unable to connect now that my PowerBook is running OS X 10.2.8. I have the OS X ...

  1. Connecting Mac OS X to Netware

    I was able to connect my Mac, running OS 9, to our Novell LAN, using
    the Mac netware client without issue. However, I'm unable to connect
    now that my PowerBook is running OS X 10.2.8. I have the OS X version
    of the netware client (from Prosoft engineering, I think), and it kind
    of acts like it's trying to connect, but nothing happens, and it only
    shows few or none of the local trees. Any ideas?

    Randy Farnsworth
    Author of "A Stand Yet Taken"
    http://randyfarnsworth.com/

  2. Re: Connecting Mac OS X to Netware

    On 21 May 2004 12:38:54 -0700, Randy Farnsworth wrote:
    > the Mac netware client without issue. However, I'm unable to connect
    > now that my PowerBook is running OS X 10.2.8. I have the OS X version
    > of the netware client (from Prosoft engineering, I think)

    You may want to contact Prosoft support. They should be able to help you
    with this.

    --
    | David Gersic dgersic_@_niu.edu |
    | I'm so broke I'm thinking of starting my own government... |

  3. Re: Connecting Mac OS X to Netware

    Randy Farnsworth wrote:

    > I was able to connect my Mac, running OS 9, to our Novell LAN, using
    > the Mac netware client without issue. However, I'm unable to connect
    > now that my PowerBook is running OS X 10.2.8. I have the OS X version
    > of the netware client (from Prosoft engineering, I think), and it kind
    > of acts like it's trying to connect, but nothing happens, and it only
    > shows few or none of the local trees. Any ideas?

    What version of Netware?
    If 6.x then take a look at Native File Access which works without any
    client, uses NFAP.

    -sk

+ Reply to Thread