Netware 4.11 console - Netware

This is a discussion on Netware 4.11 console - Netware ; I haven't touched Novell in years, however I remember a program called SYSCON or something like that. It was a graphic utility that allowed users to look at server settings, network settings, IP Addresses etc etc. I am at a ...

  1. Netware 4.11 console

    I haven't touched Novell in years, however I remember a program called
    SYSCON or something like that. It was a graphic utility that allowed
    users to look at server settings, network settings, IP Addresses etc
    etc. I am at a prompt

    TECH_NW>

    On the 411 server. How does one "LOAD", or "START" this program. I
    also thought this menu utility came up on startup. Does anyone know
    that command to make this happen? But more inportantly, how to find
    out server specific info mainly IP Address.

    Thanks,
    Derek

  2. Re: Netware 4.11 console

    Am 5 May 2004 10:00:36 -0700 schrieb Derek Smigelski:

    > I haven't touched Novell in years, however I remember a program called
    > SYSCON or something like that. It was a graphic utility that allowed
    > users to look at server settings, network settings, IP Addresses etc
    > etc.

    SYSCON was available from the DOS/Windows client (!) of a NetWare 3.x (!)
    server.

    > TECH_NW>

    > On the 411 server. How does one "LOAD", or "START" this program.

    You can't. You may start NWAdmin from SYS:PUBLIC/WIN32/ (also from a
    Windows client)

    > I also thought this menu utility came up on startup.

    Which menue? Client? Server? which functions does this menue have?

    > But more inportantly, how to find
    > out server specific info mainly IP Address.

    CONFIG at the server console.

    --
    Stefan Braunstein
    - no e-mails -

  3. Re: Netware 4.11 console

    On 5 May 2004 10:00:36 -0700, Derek Smigelski wrote:
    > I haven't touched Novell in years, however I remember a program called
    > SYSCON or something like that. It was a graphic utility that allowed
    > users to look at server settings, network settings, IP Addresses etc
    > etc. I am at a prompt

    I think you're remembering MONITOR, not SYSCON. Try "load monitor" and see
    if that's what you recall.

    --
    | David Gersic dgersic_@_niu.edu |
    | If it can't be fixed with Vise-Grips & duct tape, it can't be fixed. |