Steps to replace failed drive in mirrored set - Netware

This is a discussion on Steps to replace failed drive in mirrored set - Netware ; What is the best way to replace a failed drive in a mirrored set in NetWare 4.2? -Break mirror -Delete NetWare partition -Bring server down and replace failed drive -Once online, create a NetWare partition on the new drive -Setup ...

  1. Steps to replace failed drive in mirrored set

    What is the best way to replace a failed drive in a mirrored set in NetWare
    4.2?

    -Break mirror
    -Delete NetWare partition
    -Bring server down and replace failed drive
    -Once online, create a NetWare partition on the new drive
    -Setup mirror again

  2. Re: Steps to replace failed drive in mirrored set

    On Tue, 20 Apr 2004 22:52:39 -0500, Art wrote:
    > What is the best way to replace a failed drive in a mirrored set in NetWare
    > 4.2?

    Pretty close to this, but you won't need to delete any partitions. If the
    disk failed, there won't be a partition on it to delete. You can break the
    mirror, replace the disk, create the new partition on the new disk, then
    recreate the mirrored pair. Pretty straightforward, just be sure you set up
    the mirror correctly. Check your work, and be sure of what you're doing.
    Should be no big deal, though.

    --
    | David Gersic dgersic_@_niu.edu |
    | Porsche: Pulled Over Regularly So Cops Have Enough |

  3. Re: Steps to replace failed drive in mirrored set

    There is a TID10011974 that states booting with option "Server.exe -NA".
    Do I need to do that?

    "David Gersic" wrote in message
    > On Tue, 20 Apr 2004 22:52:39 -0500, Art wrote:
    > > What is the best way to replace a failed drive in a mirrored set in

    NetWare
    > > 4.2?

    > Pretty close to this, but you won't need to delete any partitions. If the
    > disk failed, there won't be a partition on it to delete. You can break the
    > mirror, replace the disk, create the new partition on the new disk, then
    > recreate the mirrored pair. Pretty straightforward, just be sure you set

    up
    > the mirror correctly. Check your work, and be sure of what you're doing.
    > Should be no big deal, though.
    >
    > --
    > | David Gersic dgersic_@_niu.edu

    > | Porsche: Pulled Over Regularly So Cops Have Enough

    > | Email address is munged to avoid spammers. Remove the underscores.

  4. Re: Steps to replace failed drive in mirrored set

    On Wed, 21 Apr 2004 23:00:36 -0500, Art wrote:
    > There is a TID10011974 that states booting with option "Server.exe -NA".

    Won't hurt, but probably not strictly necessary. That just loads the
    operating system without processing autoexec.ncf.

    --
    | David Gersic dgersic_@_niu.edu |
    | I don't do jogging, it makes my beer all foamy. |