Disabling the Banner Page in Windows XP - Netware

This is a discussion on Disabling the Banner Page in Windows XP - Netware ; As much as I don't care to work with XP, I'm compelled to determine why there is no easy means of disabling the banner page for print jobs spooled to my network printer connected to my Netware server from an ...

  1. Disabling the Banner Page in Windows XP

    As much as I don't care to work with XP, I'm compelled to
    determine why there is no easy means of disabling the banner page for
    print jobs spooled to my network printer connected to my Netware
    server from an XP computer. There is no information in the least in
    the Windows Help file, and I can find no option for disabling the
    printer banner page from any relevant "properties" dialogue boxes, or
    from within the XP registry. I'm using Microsoft's Netware client
    software as Novell's latest client software is inclined to not
    communicate with my Netware server from XP as it stands now. Is there
    anyone who can guide me in the right direction here, and why is it
    that from a OS that pretends to be the ultimate user-friendly OS, it
    is so difficult to solve such a simple problem? As far as I'm
    concerned XP insulates the user from the system to a fault. TIA for
    any help anyone can afford.

    Hector

  2. Re: Disabling the Banner Page in Windows XP

    On Tue, 13 Apr 2004 06:49:53 -0700, -Hector- wrote:

    > As much as I don't care to work with XP, I'm compelled to
    >determine why there is no easy means of disabling the banner page for
    >print jobs spooled to my network printer connected to my Netware
    >server from an XP computer. There is no information in the least in
    >the Windows Help file, and I can find no option for disabling the
    >printer banner page from any relevant "properties" dialogue boxes, or
    >from within the XP registry. I'm using Microsoft's Netware client
    >software as Novell's latest client software is inclined to not
    >communicate with my Netware server from XP as it stands now. Is there
    >anyone who can guide me in the right direction here, and why is it
    >that from a OS that pretends to be the ultimate user-friendly OS, it
    >is so difficult to solve such a simple problem? As far as I'm
    >concerned XP insulates the user from the system to a fault. TIA for
    >any help anyone can afford.
    >
    >Hector

    Are you really that certain that the Novell print spooler isn't the entity
    adding the flag pages?

  3. Re: Disabling the Banner Page in Windows XP

    On Tue, 13 Apr 2004 14:45:45 GMT, daytripper
    wrote:

    >On Tue, 13 Apr 2004 06:49:53 -0700, -Hector- wrote:
    >

    >> As much as I don't care to work with XP, I'm compelled to
    >>determine why there is no easy means of disabling the banner page for
    >>print jobs spooled to my network printer connected to my Netware
    >>server from an XP computer. There is no information in the least in
    >>the Windows Help file, and I can find no option for disabling the
    >>printer banner page from any relevant "properties" dialogue boxes, or
    >>from within the XP registry. I'm using Microsoft's Netware client
    >>software as Novell's latest client software is inclined to not
    >>communicate with my Netware server from XP as it stands now. Is there
    >>anyone who can guide me in the right direction here, and why is it
    >>that from a OS that pretends to be the ultimate user-friendly OS, it
    >>is so difficult to solve such a simple problem? As far as I'm
    >>concerned XP insulates the user from the system to a fault. TIA for
    >>any help anyone can afford.
    >>
    >>Hector

    >Are you really that certain that the Novell print spooler isn't the entity
    >adding the flag pages?

    Well, I suppose that's a possibility, though, I don't have the
    same result when I log in the other workstations under my login, the
    same as I do on the station with XP. I had previously disabled the
    banner pages through the printer properties dialogue boxes, under the
    "Netware Settings" tab on the other workstations. This option is not
    available in XP using the MS Netware client software. The latest
    Novell Netware client software download will not recognize my server
    on the XP workstation, so that is not an option for me for the time
    being. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

    Thanks,
    Hector

  4. Re: Disabling the Banner Page in Windows XP

    I'm sure there is an option in Control Panel/CSNW to remove printing
    banners?

    HTH

    Dan

    "-Hector-" wrote in message
    newscrn70tgllhmrab737q8cbvbo2nia70hp9@4ax.com...

    > As much as I don't care to work with XP, I'm compelled to
    > determine why there is no easy means of disabling the banner page for
    > print jobs spooled to my network printer connected to my Netware
    > server from an XP computer. There is no information in the least in
    > the Windows Help file, and I can find no option for disabling the
    > printer banner page from any relevant "properties" dialogue boxes, or
    > from within the XP registry. I'm using Microsoft's Netware client
    > software as Novell's latest client software is inclined to not
    > communicate with my Netware server from XP as it stands now. Is there
    > anyone who can guide me in the right direction here, and why is it
    > that from a OS that pretends to be the ultimate user-friendly OS, it
    > is so difficult to solve such a simple problem? As far as I'm
    > concerned XP insulates the user from the system to a fault. TIA for
    > any help anyone can afford.
    >
    > Hector

  5. Re: Disabling the Banner Page in Windows XP

    On Wed, 14 Apr 2004 14:30:53 +0100, "-=Dan=- "
    wrote:

    >I'm sure there is an option in Control Panel/CSNW to remove printing
    >banners?

    Coincidentally, I just checked for that this morning, and the
    XP Control Panel on this particular workstation doesn't contain the
    "Other Control Panel Options" that contains the CSNW dialogue box.
    However, I just checked the Control Panel again after having read your
    note and found it is an option in the CP itself. My documentation
    instructed me to look in the "Other Control Panel Options" for the
    CSNW, ergo, I didn't see the forest for the trees. My banner page
    problem is solved!

    You've been a great help! Thanks!
    Hector

  6. Re: Disabling the Banner Page in Windows XP

    On Tue, 13 Apr 2004 06:49:53 -0700, -Hector- wrote:
    > from within the XP registry. I'm using Microsoft's Netware client
    > software as Novell's latest client software is inclined to not
    > communicate with my Netware server from XP as it stands now.

    Remove the MS client. Install Novell's Client32, latest version and latest
    updates. Resolve whatever problem may be keeping it from working correctly.

    The MS client is a badly done, reverse engineered hack from a company with
    a vested interest in having it not work very well.

    --
    | David Gersic dgersic_@_niu.edu |
    | If not Pascal or Modula2 your program is WIRTHless. |

  7. Re: Disabling the Banner Page in Windows XP

    My pleasure.

    "-Hector-" wrote in message
    > On Wed, 14 Apr 2004 14:30:53 +0100, "-=Dan=- "
    > wrote:
    >
    > >I'm sure there is an option in Control Panel/CSNW to remove printing
    > >banners?
    > >

    > Coincidentally, I just checked for that this morning, and the
    > XP Control Panel on this particular workstation doesn't contain the
    > "Other Control Panel Options" that contains the CSNW dialogue box.
    > However, I just checked the Control Panel again after having read your
    > note and found it is an option in the CP itself. My documentation
    > instructed me to look in the "Other Control Panel Options" for the
    > CSNW, ergo, I didn't see the forest for the trees. My banner page
    > problem is solved!
    >
    > You've been a great help! Thanks!
    > Hector

+ Reply to Thread