Colorado Backup - Netware

This is a discussion on Colorado Backup - Netware ; Hi all We still have Novell Netware 3.12 server and we lost the bindery data, the data was probably corrupted, I have neglected the maintenance, bindfix was executed last time 2001. We have HP Colorado backup II and I tried ...

  1. Colorado Backup

    Hi all

    We still have Novell Netware 3.12 server and we lost the bindery data, the
    data was probably corrupted, I have neglected the maintenance, bindfix was
    executed last time 2001. We have HP Colorado backup II and I tried to get
    the bindery data back using software versions 8 and 9, but without luck,
    seem to be that there is no Novell support anymore?

    Regards,

    Juhani Heikkila, physicist internet: juhani.heikkila@oulu.fi
    Department of Clinical Chemistry
    Division of Nuclear Medicine
    Oulu University Hospital phone: +358-8-3154075 fax: -3154700
    BOX 500
    FIN-90029 OYS, FINLAND home:-5545966 mobile:358-400-013949

  2. Re: Colorado Backup

    On Tue, 13 Apr 2004 08:54:45 +0000 (UTC), Juhani Heikkila wrote:
    > We still have Novell Netware 3.12 server and we lost the bindery data, the
    > data was probably corrupted, I have neglected the maintenance, bindfix was
    > executed last time 2001.

    Does bindfix help if you try it now? If not, you're probably going to have
    to re-create your users and groups, then re-do your file system trustee
    rights.

    > We have HP Colorado backup II and I tried to get
    > the bindery data back using software versions 8 and 9, but without luck,

    What happens when you try this? Is the backup software NetWare aware?

    > seem to be that there is no Novell support anymore?

    The NetWare 3.12 "end of life" declaration was a few years ago. NetWare 4
    (1995) replaced it quite a while ago. Since then, versions 4.11, 4.12, 5,
    5.1, 6, and 6.5 have shipped.

    --
    | David Gersic dgersic_@_niu.edu |
    | Experience is knowing a lot of things you shouldn't do again. |

  3. Re: Colorado Backup

    David Gersic wrote:

    : Does bindfix help if you try it now? If not, you're probably going to have
    : to re-create your users and groups, then re-do your file system trustee
    : rights.
    - It's possible that I accidentally run bindres first, then it doesn't
    help. I'm going to re-create users and groups, tomorrow. Any idea how they
    get their old mails, we use Mercury and Pmail.

    : > We have HP Colorado backup II and I tried to get
    : > the bindery data back using software versions 8 and 9, but without luck,

    : What happens when you try this? Is the backup software NetWare aware?
    - I can restore very easily all the file - except t.ex. bindery files
    net$*.sys.

    : > seem to be that there is no Novell support anymore?

    : The NetWare 3.12 "end of life" declaration was a few years ago. NetWare 4
    : (1995) replaced it quite a while ago. Since then, versions 4.11, 4.12, 5,
    : 5.1, 6, and 6.5 have shipped.
    - I know, so is our server in a half year.

    Thanks and regards,

    Juhani Heikkila, physicist internet: juhani.heikkila@oulu.fi
    Department of Clinical Chemistry
    Division of Nuclear Medicine
    Oulu University Hospital phone: +358-8-3154075 fax: -3154700
    BOX 500
    FIN-90029 OYS, FINLAND home:-5545966 mobile:358-400-013949

  4. Re: Colorado Backup

    On Tue, 13 Apr 2004 15:37:55 +0000 (UTC), Juhani Heikkila wrote:
    > David Gersic wrote:
    >
    >: Does bindfix help if you try it now? If not, you're probably going to have
    >: to re-create your users and groups, then re-do your file system trustee
    >: rights.
    > - It's possible that I accidentally run bindres first, then it doesn't
    > help. I'm going to re-create users and groups, tomorrow. Any idea how they
    > get their old mails, we use Mercury and Pmail.

    All the mail is in SYS:MAIL\[BinderyObjectID]. You either have to know the
    object ids for the users, or you'll have to look through all of the
    subdirectories of SYS:MAIL to figure it out.

    --
    | David Gersic dgersic_@_niu.edu |
    | Fiat: Failure in Automotive Technology |