check harddisk - Netware

This is a discussion on check harddisk - Netware ; Hello, I think one of our four harddisk may be damaged. Does anyone know a tool for netware 5 to check the condition of the harddisks? (a kind of chkdsk for netware) Thanks for any response. Best regards, Jurgen Oerlemans...

  1. check harddisk

    Hello,

    I think one of our four harddisk may be damaged. Does anyone know a tool for
    netware 5 to check the condition of the harddisks?
    (a kind of chkdsk for netware)

    Thanks for any response.

    Best regards, Jurgen Oerlemans

  2. Re: check harddisk

    On Fri, 2 Apr 2004 12:42:41 +0200, Jurgen Oerlemans wrote:
    > I think one of our four harddisk may be damaged. Does anyone know a tool for
    > netware 5 to check the condition of the harddisks?

    If it's bad, just replace it. Disks are cheap compared to the cost of your
    data.

    You can see if the OS thinks there's anything wrong with the disk by
    checking the "Hot Fix" status. If it's redirecting blocks, it's getting
    write errors.

    > (a kind of chkdsk for netware)

    chkdsk only really does a logical check, not a physical one. The NetWare
    equivilent would be VREPAIR.

    --
    | David Gersic dgersic_@_niu.edu |
    | *My* post office won't cash my check or give me cash for my stamps! |

  3. Re: check harddisk

    Hello!
    Just dismount the volume(s) on the disk, then run:
    LOAD VREPAIR

    Change the settings you want... Then select the volume you want to repair...

    Remember to backup all importent data first!
    Sometimes vrepair do more damage then good!

    VK

    Jurgen Oerlemans wrote:

    > Hello,
    >
    > I think one of our four harddisk may be damaged. Does anyone know a tool for
    > netware 5 to check the condition of the harddisks?
    > (a kind of chkdsk for netware)
    >
    > Thanks for any response.
    >
    > Best regards, Jurgen Oerlemans

+ Reply to Thread