NDPS ? where are they. - Netware

This is a discussion on NDPS ? where are they. - Netware ; I have a lan with 4 NW 4.11 servers and a brand new server with NW6. lot of trouble to have all this working together, but now, after tons of hours of work, NDS is synchronized, time is synchronized, and ...

  1. NDPS ? where are they.

    I have a lan with 4 NW 4.11 servers and a brand new server with NW6.
    lot of trouble to have all this working together, but now, after tons
    of hours of work, NDS is synchronized, time is synchronized, and
    everything almost ok.

    almost ?
    oh yes, the NW6 servers says NDPS 3.0.0 are installed (nwconfig
    looking at products)
    but there is no BROKER in the NDS tree, and I don't see anyway to
    create an NDS broker, manager or anything related to NDPS or IPRINT.

    too bad, this is the ONLY thing that does not work, and I would so
    much love printers being distributed in au automatic way.
    any help would be appreciated, thanks in advance.

    Hubert lelong
    AFPA-Toulouse Palays

  2. Re: NDPS ? where are they.

    On Mon, 01 Mar 2004 15:57:42 GMT, hlelong@afpamp.org (Hubert Lelong)
    wrote:

    >but there is no BROKER in the NDS tree, and I don't see anyway to
    >create an NDS broker, manager or anything related to NDPS or IPRINT.

    http://www.novell.com/documentation/...a/abiyms2.html

  3. Re: NDPS ? where are they.

    On Mon, 01 Mar 2004 15:57:42 GMT, Hubert Lelong wrote:
    > I have a lan with 4 NW 4.11 servers and a brand new server with NW6.

    Hi Hubert, haven't seen your name around here for a while. I hope those
    NW411 servers have the latest NDS updates on them, or things could get
    interesting for you mixing them with NW6.

    > almost ?
    > oh yes, the NW6 servers says NDPS 3.0.0 are installed (nwconfig
    > looking at products)
    > but there is no BROKER in the NDS tree, and I don't see anyway to
    > create an NDS broker, manager or anything related to NDPS or IPRINT.

    For NDPS and iPrint (iPrint is a front end that uses NDPS on the back end),
    you need to be looking at iManager. It's probably installed on your NW6
    server, though you may not have looked at it yet.

    --
    | David Gersic dgersic_@_niu.edu |
    | He who adds not to his learning diminishes it. [The Talmud] |

  4. Re: NDPS ? where are they.

    Hubert,

    Using iPrint is NOT all that straightforward. You MUST have the NICI bit
    working properly because iprint does not use Apache, its uses httpsk &
    NILE.

    If you did a standard installation of NW6 & created a Certificate
    Authority then all should be well.

    Did you install iPrint/NDPS as part of your NW6 install?

    The NDPS bit is usually more straight forward. You need to create a
    Broker & a Manager object, preferably in the container where the NW6 box
    resides & then create the printer objects. Follow the Novell
    documentation for this. It is quite explicit.

    I have done it & does work well.

    Best regards

    In article , David Gersic
    writes
    >On Mon, 01 Mar 2004 15:57:42 GMT, Hubert Lelong wrote:
    >> I have a lan with 4 NW 4.11 servers and a brand new server with NW6.

    >Hi Hubert, haven't seen your name around here for a while. I hope those
    >NW411 servers have the latest NDS updates on them, or things could get
    >interesting for you mixing them with NW6.
    >

    >> almost ?
    >> oh yes, the NW6 servers says NDPS 3.0.0 are installed (nwconfig
    >> looking at products)
    >> but there is no BROKER in the NDS tree, and I don't see anyway to
    >> create an NDS broker, manager or anything related to NDPS or IPRINT.

    >For NDPS and iPrint (iPrint is a front end that uses NDPS on the back end),
    >you need to be looking at iManager. It's probably installed on your NW6
    >server, though you may not have looked at it yet.
    >

    >--
    >| David Gersic dgersic_@_niu.edu |
    >| He who adds not to his learning diminishes it. [The Talmud] |
    >| Email address is munged to avoid spammers. Remove the underscores. |

    Keith Bailey
    Computer Manager
    Kingsbury High School
    LONDON UK