Changing user ( or rights ) while logged in - Netware

This is a discussion on Changing user ( or rights ) while logged in - Netware ; Hello, bnecause of virus risk I would like to login with less rights to my netware server. But because I am also administrator I would like to change to a higher privileged user when I need it. Is there anything ...

  1. Changing user ( or rights ) while logged in

    Hello,

    bnecause of virus risk I would like to login with less rights to my
    netware server. But because I am also administrator I would like to
    change to a higher privileged user when I need it. Is there anything
    similar like the unix/linux su or super commands for netware ?

    ( we have NW 4.20 SFT3 and Xp clients )

    Thanks
    Andreas

  2. Re: Changing user ( or rights ) while logged in

    On Mon, 01 Mar 2004 08:25:39 +0100, Andreas Moroder wrote:
    > bnecause of virus risk I would like to login with less rights to my
    > netware server. But because I am also administrator I would like to
    > change to a higher privileged user when I need it.

    It's not quite as simple as SU, but I think you could do this, at least in
    theory. You'd have to give your account sufficient rights to modify the ACL
    on [Root]. You should then be able to add/remove your own rights to [Root].

    --
    | David Gersic dgersic_@_niu.edu |
    | I am Dan Quayle of Borg - that's B-O-R-G-E. |

  3. Re: Changing user ( or rights ) while logged in

    David Gersic schrieb:
    > On Mon, 01 Mar 2004 08:25:39 +0100, Andreas Moroder wrote:
    >
    >>bnecause of virus risk I would like to login with less rights to my
    >>netware server. But because I am also administrator I would like to
    >>change to a higher privileged user when I need it.

    > It's not quite as simple as SU, but I think you could do this, at least in
    > theory. You'd have to give your account sufficient rights to modify the ACL
    > on [Root]. You should then be able to add/remove your own rights to [Root].
    >

    > --
    > | David Gersic dgersic_@_niu.edu |
    > | I am Dan Quayle of Borg - that's B-O-R-G-E. |
    > | Email address is munged to avoid spammers. Remove the underscores. |

    Hello David,

    good idea.
    Do you know if there are command line tools to do this ?

    Thank you
    Andreas

  4. Re: Changing user ( or rights ) while logged in

    On Tue, 02 Mar 2004 07:34:13 +0100, Andreas Moroder wrote:
    > Do you know if there are command line tools to do this ?

    If I did, I would have told you about them. You could check with John Baird
    (http://www.jrbsoftware.com) to see if one of the JRB Utils might have
    something that would do this.

    --
    | David Gersic dgersic_@_niu.edu |