Arcserve 6.1 & Netware 3.2 with Win98 - "ipx/getlocaltarget failed" - Netware

This is a discussion on Arcserve 6.1 & Netware 3.2 with Win98 - "ipx/getlocaltarget failed" - Netware ; Can anyone help resolving this error I get when trying to examine an ongoing job in Arcserve 6.1 on a 3.2 server. I get this message in the Win98 workstation when I run Arcserve Manager and job details on an ...

  1. Arcserve 6.1 & Netware 3.2 with Win98 - "ipx/getlocaltarget failed"

    Can anyone help resolving this error I get when trying to examine an
    ongoing job in Arcserve 6.1 on a 3.2 server. I get this message in the
    Win98 workstation when I run Arcserve Manager and job details on an
    active backup "ipx/getlocaltarget failed"

    --
    David Longley

  2. Re: Arcserve 6.1 & Netware 3.2 with Win98 - "ipx/getlocaltarget failed"

    David Longley wrote:

    > Can anyone help resolving this error I get when trying to examine an
    > ongoing job in Arcserve 6.1 on a 3.2 server. I get this message in the
    > Win98 workstation when I run Arcserve Manager and job details on an
    > active backup "ipx/getlocaltarget failed"

    Although I've never tried 6.1 AS Manager on W98, it appears it's
    unsupported. This FAQ details it:
    http://support.ca.com/techbases/as61/10007.html
    Search for "what kind of workstations can I use?" without the quotes in
    the article. Appears only 6.6 supports 98, although you can run 6.1
    manager under NT4, 95 or 3.1.

    If you _really_ need it to work, possibly try applying all patches.
    Maybe they added unofficial support after this FAQ was released.

    SteveC

  3. Re: Arcserve 6.1 & Netware 3.2 with Win98 - "ipx/getlocaltarget failed"

    In message , Stephen Carter
    writes
    >David Longley wrote:
    >
    >> Can anyone help resolving this error I get when trying to examine an
    >>ongoing job in Arcserve 6.1 on a 3.2 server. I get this message in the
    >>Win98 workstation when I run Arcserve Manager and job details on an
    >>active backup "ipx/getlocaltarget failed"
    >>

    >Although I've never tried 6.1 AS Manager on W98, it appears it's
    >unsupported. This FAQ details it:
    >http://support.ca.com/techbases/as61/10007.html
    >Search for "what kind of workstations can I use?" without the quotes in
    >the article. Appears only 6.6 supports 98, although you can run 6.1
    >manager under NT4, 95 or 3.1.
    >
    >If you _really_ need it to work, possibly try applying all patches.
    >Maybe they added unofficial support after this FAQ was released.
    >
    >SteveC

    Hi,

    Well, it sometimes works now, I just get a General Protection Fault
    *sometimes* now. Same happens if I run the manager on a Win2K machine.
    --
    David Longley

+ Reply to Thread