FreeBSD linux applications can not access mounted netware volumes - Netware

This is a discussion on FreeBSD linux applications can not access mounted netware volumes - Netware ; Hello, I mount two netware shares within /etc/fstab at my FreeBSD desktop with mount_nwfs and I noticed in the past that linux applications like mulberry can not access these volumes. Now I noticed that linux-mozilla-firebird is also not available to ...

  1. FreeBSD linux applications can not access mounted netware volumes

    Hello,

    I mount two netware shares within /etc/fstab at my FreeBSD desktop with
    mount_nwfs and I noticed in the past that linux applications like mulberry
    can not access these volumes. Now I noticed that linux-mozilla-firebird is
    also not available to access these shares, but it reports a permission
    problem: "You don't have the permissions necessary to view this directory"

    The permissions are set to 755 for all directories and to 644 for all
    files down the complete hierarchy. Owner and group are my local user:group.

    Here are the two lines from my /etc/fstab:
    /SERVER:USER/user /home/sfarren/.NW/user nwfs rw,noauto,\
    -A=SERVER 0 0
    /SERVER:USER/data /home/sfarren/.NW/data nwfs rw,noauto,\
    -A=SERVER 0 0

    I asked already about this problem in some *BSD Groups and mailing lists
    without any reponse. So you are my last chance to find a explanation and
    hopefully a solution!

    best wishes and thanks for your help,
    Stefan

  2. Re: FreeBSD linux applications can not access mounted netware volumes

    On Mon, 23 Feb 2004 09:42:59 +0100, Stefan Farrenkopf wrote:
    > I asked already about this problem in some *BSD Groups and mailing lists
    > without any reponse. So you are my last chance to find a explanation and
    > hopefully a solution!

    You might try Novell's private newsserver, at support-forums.novell.com.
    Looks like the novell.support.native-file-access newsgroup would be the
    right one to post in.

    --
    | David Gersic dgersic_@_niu.edu |
    | Politicians aren't born, they are excreted. (Cicero) |

  3. Re: FreeBSD linux applications can not access mounted netware volumes

    David Gersic wrote:

    [...]
    > support-forums.novell.com

    [...]

    Thanks
    Stefan

  4. Re: FreeBSD linux applications can not access mounted netware volumes

    Stefan Farrenkopf wrote:

    > David Gersic wrote:
    >
    > [...]
    >
    >> support-forums.novell.com

    > [...]
    >
    > Thanks
    > Stefan

    FWIW you might need NFS name support on the NW volumes you are trying to
    use under *NIX...

    SteveC

+ Reply to Thread