Hard drive replacement NW6.0 - Netware

This is a discussion on Hard drive replacement NW6.0 - Netware ; Hi all, I would like to replace my (ailing) 60 GB hard drive in a NetWare 6.0 box with another of approximately the same size. Then I'd like to mirror a second drive to the first (after removing the bad ...

  1. Hard drive replacement NW6.0

    Hi all,

    I would like to replace my (ailing) 60 GB hard drive in a NetWare 6.0 box with another of approximately the same size. Then I'd like to mirror a second drive to the first (after removing the bad drive). Hass anyone had experience with this?

    thanks, j.
    -----------

    If they're MY FILES and MY COMPUTER,
    why does Microsoft reserve the right to change them?

  2. Re: Hard drive replacement NW6.0

    On Wed, 18 Feb 2004 13:55:48 GMT, Jim Thale wrote:
    > I would like to replace my (ailing) 60 GB hard drive in a NetWare 6.0
    > box with another of approximately the same size.

    You might be able to do this the other way 'round. Set up the mirror with
    your existing disk, and one new disk. When the mirror is complete, remove
    the old disk and follow the usual procedure for dealing with a failed disk
    in a mirrored pair, installing your second new disk as the replacement.

    --
    | David Gersic dgersic_@_niu.edu |
    | Ambivalent? Well, yes and no. |