mapping on server - Netware

This is a discussion on mapping on server - Netware ; Please forgive me as I am new to netware. Is there a way to map local volumes on the server so that for example the Sys volume is F: on the server. I can do this on the client end, ...

  1. mapping on server

    Please forgive me as I am new to netware.

    Is there a way to map local volumes on the server so that for example the
    Sys volume is F: on the server.

    I can do this on the client end, no problem with scripts, however is is
    possible/necessary on the server side.

    Cheers, Ryan

  2. Re: mapping on server

    "Ryan Miller" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
    > Please forgive me as I am new to netware.
    >
    > Is there a way to map local volumes on the server so that for example the
    > Sys volume is F: on the server.
    >
    > I can do this on the client end, no problem with scripts, however is is
    > possible/necessary on the server side.

    It is neither possible nor necessary. Harddisk space on Netware Servers is
    organized in Volumes (SYS:, DATA: or so). A full netware path consists of
    servername\volumename:directory\directory\...\file .
    Example: NW1\SYS:PUBLIC\WIN32\NWADMN32.EXE.

    With drive mappings you map a drive letter to a volume name or directory
    name.
    Example: map root N:=NW1\SYS:PUBLIC\WIN32.

    It is not necessary to map any drives at all. You can access server volumes
    through network neighborhood (on windows clients).

    eg

    > Cheers, Ryan

  3. Re: mapping on server

    The message <1076519536.694742@news.liwest.at>
    from "Erhard Gruber" contains these words:

    > "Ryan Miller" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
    > > Please forgive me as I am new to netware.
    > >
    > > Is there a way to map local volumes on the server so that for example the
    > > Sys volume is F: on the server.
    > >
    > > I can do this on the client end, no problem with scripts, however is is
    > > possible/necessary on the server side.

    > It is neither possible nor necessary. Harddisk space on Netware Servers is
    > organized in Volumes (SYS:, DATA: or so). A full netware path consists of
    > servername\volumename:directory\directory\...\file .
    > Example: NW1\SYS:PUBLIC\WIN32\NWADMN32.EXE.

    > With drive mappings you map a drive letter to a volume name or directory
    > name.
    > Example: map root N:=NW1\SYS:PUBLIC\WIN32.

    > It is not necessary to map any drives at all. You can access server volumes
    > through network neighborhood (on windows clients).

    Alternatively you can create / edit a netware login script that lets
    you set client mappings to the various netware volumes, including the
    SYS volume. Just configure windows to run the login script. Be aware
    that win98 sets it's time from off the server if you enable login
    scripting (win95 doesn't suffer this problem :-)

    --
    Regards, John.

    To reply directly, please remove "buttplug" .Mail via the
    "Reply Direct" button and Spam-bots will be rejected.

+ Reply to Thread