Zenworks: empty desktop after login - Netware

This is a discussion on Zenworks: empty desktop after login - Netware ; Hello, we are using Netware 6.0 and Zenworks 4 (ZfD4sp1b). We are using NAL and workstation manager. Sometimes at some workstations it happens that the desktop is empty after login (login script was running). There are no icons and no ...

  1. Zenworks: empty desktop after login

    Hello,

    we are using Netware 6.0 and Zenworks 4 (ZfD4sp1b). We are using NAL and
    workstation manager. Sometimes at some workstations it happens that the
    desktop is empty after login (login script was running). There are no icons
    and no taskbar. This happens randomly and only at a few workstations.
    But the workstation is not crashed. It is possible to press Ctrl-Alt-Del,
    going to the task manager, going to 'New Task' and starting an explorer
    process. After this, the desktop and taskbar is built and the workstation is
    working normal.
    Workstations are WinXP SP1.

    The problem occurs only at workstations with Novell Client and Zenworks.
    Versions of Novell Client were 4.9 - 4.9SP1a.

    Has anyone suggestions?

    regards

    Erhard Gruber

    D.I. Erhard Gruber
    HTL Leonding / Phone: +43-732-673368
    Abteilung Elektronik / Fax: +43-732-673324
    Limesstr. 12-14
    A-4060 Linz / email: eg@elektor.htl-leonding.ac.at
    AUSTRIA / World Wide Web: http://www.htl-leonding.ac.at

  2. Re: Zenworks: empty desktop after login

    Erhard Gruber wrote:

    > Hello,
    >
    > we are using Netware 6.0 and Zenworks 4 (ZfD4sp1b). We are using NAL and
    > workstation manager. Sometimes at some workstations it happens that the
    > desktop is empty after login (login script was running). There are no icons
    > and no taskbar. This happens randomly and only at a few workstations.

    Do you use roaming profiles? Users have big profiles?
    Bad network adapters? Old drivers?

    -sk

+ Reply to Thread