Smart Array 6400 Controller online configuration - Netware

This is a discussion on Smart Array 6400 Controller online configuration - Netware ; Hi, Our company has recently bought 6 ML 370 G3 servers with SMART Array 6400 controller. The problem is that this controller is not supported by cpqonlin.nlm, and I have no way to configure raids or check their status while ...

  1. Smart Array 6400 Controller online configuration

    Hi,

    Our company has recently bought 6 ML 370 G3 servers with SMART Array
    6400 controller. The problem is that this controller is not supported
    by cpqonlin.nlm, and I have no way to configure raids or check their
    status while the servers are running. Does anyone know of any utility
    that replaces cpqonlin, and supports the 6400 controller?

    TIA

    Shmulik

  2. Re: Smart Array 6400 Controller online configuration

    Shmulik wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > Our company has recently bought 6 ML 370 G3 servers with SMART Array
    > 6400 controller. The problem is that this controller is not supported
    > by cpqonlin.nlm, and I have no way to configure raids or check their
    > status while the servers are running. Does anyone know of any utility
    > that replaces cpqonlin, and supports the 6400 controller?
    >
    > TIA
    >
    > Shmulik

    From the following page you can select your server and
    NetWare version and then you will get a page with all kinds
    of driver and ROM updates.

    http://www.compaq.com/support/files/.../us/index.html

    --
    Kevin D. Snodgrass
    Help our soldiers in the field:

  3. Re: Smart Array 6400 Controller online configuration

    Kevin,

    thanks for your fast respond.

    I found out that there is no online utility that configures the
    641/642 arrays for Novell. I attach the castumer advisory from HP:

    RELEASE DATE:
    July 2003
    LAST UPDATED: 23 July 2003

    DESCRIPTION
    The Smart Array 641/642 Controller User Guide indicates (in Chapter 5)
    that the Online Array Configuration Utility for Novell NetWare
    (CPQONLIN.NLM) may be used to configure the Smart Array 641 and 642
    Controllers. However, CPQONLIN.NLM does not support the Smart Array
    641 and Smart Array 642 Controllers (or future models of the Smart
    Array Controller).

    SCOPE
    Any ProLiant server (as listed in the Affected Platforms section) that
    is configured with a Smart Array 641 or Smart Array 642 Controller and
    running NetWare 5.1 or NetWare 6.0.

    RESOLUTION
    Configure Smart Array 641 or Smart Array 642 Controllers offline by
    performing either of the following:

    Run the Array Configuration Utility (ACU) that is available after
    booting from either of the following CDs:
    The Smart Array 641/642 Controller Support Software CD Version 6.27
    (or later).
    The SmartStart Release 6.30 (or later) CD.

    Note: The ACU allows offline configuration of a drive array that
    equals the online functionality of CPQONLIN.NLM.

    OR

    Run the Option ROM Configuration for Arrays (ORCA), which is available
    by pressing the F8 key during Power-On Self-Test (POST). Instructions
    on the use of this utility are contained in the Smart Array Controller
    641/642 User Guide.

    HARDWARE PLATFORMS AFFECTED: ProLiant DL360 G3, ProLiant DL380 G3,
    ProLiant DL560, ProLiant DL580 G2, ProLiant ML310, ProLiant ML330 G2,
    ProLiant ML350 G3, ProLiant ML370 G3, ProLiant ML530 G2, ProLiant
    ML570 G2

    COMPONENTS AFFECTED: Controller Boards ProLiant Array and SCSI
    Controllers (Smart Array 641 Controller, Smart Array 642 Controller)

    OPERATING SYSTEMS AFFECTED: Novell (NetWare 5.x 5.1, NetWare 6.x 6.0)

    SOFTWARE AFFECTED: Non-software specific

    THIRD PARTY PRODUCTS AFFECTED: None

    DOWNLOADABLE FILES: None

    NOTICE: The information in this document, including products and
    software versions, is current as of the Release Date. This document is
    subject to change without notice.

    "Kevin D. Snodgrass" wrote in message news:<401D5F3D.8080708@yahoo.com>...
    > Shmulik wrote:
    > > Hi,
    > >
    > > Our company has recently bought 6 ML 370 G3 servers with SMART Array
    > > 6400 controller. The problem is that this controller is not supported
    > > by cpqonlin.nlm, and I have no way to configure raids or check their
    > > status while the servers are running. Does anyone know of any utility
    > > that replaces cpqonlin, and supports the 6400 controller?
    > >
    > > TIA
    > >
    > > Shmulik

    > From the following page you can select your server and
    > NetWare version and then you will get a page with all kinds
    > of driver and ROM updates.
    >
    > http://www.compaq.com/support/files/.../us/index.html

+ Reply to Thread