File Service versions - Netware

This is a discussion on File Service versions - Netware ; Anyone know the FileService versions for NW 6.0 SP3? For instance, NW 5.0 is major version 5 and minor version 0. NW 6.5 is major version 5 and minor version 70. A packet dump of a client connecting to a ...

  1. File Service versions

    Anyone know the FileService versions for NW 6.0 SP3? For instance, NW
    5.0 is major version 5 and minor version 0. NW 6.5 is major version 5
    and minor version 70.

    A packet dump of a client connecting to a 6.0 SP3 server would be
    helpful, this version info should be returned in the first 10 packets.
    The request from the client woud be a FILE_SERVICE_REQUEST (0x2222) for
    the GetSystemInfo function (23) and CheckServerVersion (17) subfunction.

    Thanks.

  2. Re: File Service versions

    On Thu, 29 Jan 2004 00:21:59 GMT Brian wrote:

    > Anyone know the FileService versions for NW 6.0 SP3? For instance, NW
    > 5.0 is major version 5 and minor version 0. NW 6.5 is major version 5
    > and minor version 70.

    Major = 5, Minor = 60 (ie. 5.60).

    Easy way to find out is enter 'version' at the server console.

    NW6.0+SP3 = 5.60.03.

    HTH

    Simon

  3. Re: File Service versions

    In article <401A3500.EF0924D1@cam.ac.uk>, Simon Flood
    wrote:

    Thanks Simon. Yes I know about the version cmd, problem is I don't have
    6.0 installed anywhwere.

    Just for confirmation, are the product vers (as returned in the same
    packet) for 6.0SP3 == Major:6 Minor:0 Revision:3

    Thanks again.

    > On Thu, 29 Jan 2004 00:21:59 GMT Brian wrote:
    >
    > > Anyone know the FileService versions for NW 6.0 SP3? For instance, NW
    > > 5.0 is major version 5 and minor version 0. NW 6.5 is major version 5
    > > and minor version 70.

    > Major = 5, Minor = 60 (ie. 5.60).
    >
    > Easy way to find out is enter 'version' at the server console.
    >
    > NW6.0+SP3 = 5.60.03.
    >
    > HTH
    >
    > Simon

+ Reply to Thread