calendar - Netware

This is a discussion on calendar - Netware ; Hello all, In our company we are running microsoft exchange. We mad an in-out board using the outlook calendars. The board is presented on our intranet. In the second half of 2004 we migrate to Novell netware. My question is: ...

  1. calendar

    Hello all,

    In our company we are running microsoft exchange. We mad an in-out board
    using the outlook calendars. The board is presented on our intranet.

    In the second half of 2004 we migrate to Novell netware. My question is:
    Is it possible to cennect to the user calendars to read the information of
    every employee so I can display that information on the intranet?

    John

  2. Re: calendar

    On Sun, 25 Jan 2004 15:17:16 +0100, jobo
    graced us with:

    >Hello all,
    >
    >In our company we are running microsoft exchange. We mad an in-out board
    >using the outlook calendars. The board is presented on our intranet.
    >
    >In the second half of 2004 we migrate to Novell netware. My question is:
    >Is it possible to cennect to the user calendars to read the information of
    >every employee so I can display that information on the intranet?
    >
    >John

    If you can expose the XML and have a dedicated programmer familiar
    with the API I suppose you could. This would be much easier with
    GroupWise however, since NDS and Novell's eXtend services have this
    stuff already available for deployment as part (or the framework) of
    an Intranet. (Their templates may give you something to go on if you
    can get a demo.

    BTW, Novell is doing a special promo for Exchange users if you
    consider making the move. There are a lot of things going for it,
    especially in your situation. I know the thought of changing
    platforms is scary but in a Netware shop (as you are going to be)
    integrating the environment in this way is not as big a pain as you
    might think. I've done a number of large scale deployments (even cut
    overs like your situation) and Novell provides some excellent tools to
    make it successful.

    Hope this helps, if you have any other questions feel free to contact
    me.

    Robert Pitera
    West of East Digital Services
    rpitera@*SPAMPROOF*westofeast.com

  3. Re: calendar

    On Sun, 25 Jan 2004 17:38:21 GMT, subdude wrote:

    > On Sun, 25 Jan 2004 15:17:16 +0100, jobo
    > graced us with:
    >
    >>Hello all,
    >>
    >>In our company we are running microsoft exchange. We mad an in-out board
    >>using the outlook calendars. The board is presented on our intranet.
    >>
    >>In the second half of 2004 we migrate to Novell netware. My question is:
    >>Is it possible to cennect to the user calendars to read the information of
    >>every employee so I can display that information on the intranet?
    >>
    >>John

    > If you can expose the XML and have a dedicated programmer familiar
    > with the API I suppose you could. This would be much easier with
    > GroupWise however, since NDS and Novell's eXtend services have this
    > stuff already available for deployment as part (or the framework) of
    > an Intranet. (Their templates may give you something to go on if you
    > can get a demo.
    >
    > BTW, Novell is doing a special promo for Exchange users if you
    > consider making the move. There are a lot of things going for it,
    > especially in your situation. I know the thought of changing
    > platforms is scary but in a Netware shop (as you are going to be)
    > integrating the environment in this way is not as big a pain as you
    > might think. I've done a number of large scale deployments (even cut
    > overs like your situation) and Novell provides some excellent tools to
    > make it successful.
    >
    > Hope this helps, if you have any other questions feel free to contact
    > me.
    >
    > Robert Pitera
    > West of East Digital Services
    > rpitera@*SPAMPROOF*westofeast.com

    Thanks for replying,

    Sounds like there is light on the horizon.

    John

  4. Re: calendar

    On Wed, 28 Jan 2004 23:53:03 +0100, John Boers
    graced us with:

    >Thanks for replying,
    >
    >Sounds like there is light on the horizon.
    >
    >John

    No problem John. Let me know if I can be of further assistance.

    Robert Pitera
    West of East Digital Services
    rpitera@*SPAMPROOF*westofeast.com

+ Reply to Thread