Can't connect Win2000 server to Netware 4.2 server - Netware

This is a discussion on Can't connect Win2000 server to Netware 4.2 server - Netware ; Hello, I am trying to connect from a Windows 2000 server to a Netware 4.2 server I installed the gateway with the proper NW server name. When I try to map a network unit F: I get back always unclear ...

  1. Can't connect Win2000 server to Netware 4.2 server

    Hello,
    I am trying to connect from a Windows 2000 server to a Netware 4.2 server
    I installed the gateway with the proper NW server name.
    When I try to map a network unit F: I get back always unclear and weird
    errors like
    missing credentials and so on.

    I tried also this unsuccesfully

    net use F: \\NWSERVER\VOL1 /user:administrator password
    ERROR 1219

    net use F: \\NWSERVER\VOL1 /user:cn=administrator password
    ERROR 1219

    net use F: \\NWSERVER\VOL1 /user:administrator.o=company password
    ERROR 5

    Any suggestion will be appreciated
    TIA

    --Helix

  2. Re: Can't connect Win2000 server to Netware 4.2 server

    On Thu, 22 Jan 2004 16:04:04 +0100, Helix wrote:
    > When I try to map a network unit F: I get back always unclear and weird
    > errors like
    > missing credentials and so on.
    >
    > I tried also this unsuccesfully
    >
    > net use F: \\NWSERVER\VOL1 /user:administrator password

    Don't use "net use". That's a Windows tool. You're not connecting to
    Windows.

    Install the current (v4.9) version of Client32. Right-click on the "N" in
    the systray, and select "map" from there.

    --
    | David Gersic dgersic_@_niu.edu |
    | Real Newspaper Headline: JUVENILE COURT TO TRY SHOOTING DEFENDANT |

  3. Re: Can't connect Win2000 server to Netware 4.2 server

    > Install the current (v4.9) version of Client32. Right-click on the "N" in
    > the systray, and select "map" from there.

    Interesting suggestion, thanks.
    Two further questions:

    1. Could I use NW client 4.83sp1 instead of 4.9 ?

    2. Could I use NW client 4.83sp1 on Win2K server like I already do on all
    the Win2K clients ?

    TIA

    --Helix

+ Reply to Thread