How does one mount a cdrom in netware 6 - Netware

This is a discussion on How does one mount a cdrom in netware 6 - Netware ; Hello, This probably sounds stupid, but I've not been in netware much for the last two years. Normally, I'd just do something like: > load idecd.ham (or idecd.cdm, don't remember now) > load cdrom.nlm > cd device list > cd ...

  1. How does one mount a cdrom in netware 6

    Hello,

    This probably sounds stupid, but I've not been in netware much for the
    last two years. Normally, I'd just do something like:

    > load idecd.ham (or idecd.cdm, don't remember now)
    > load cdrom.nlm
    > cd device list
    > cd mounst

    If memory serves, this is pretty close to what I usually did to get a
    cd mounted in netware. I'm having difficulty mounting it though. I
    noticed that the idecd nlm is loaded, but when I type the cdrom.nlm on
    the command line it appears to be loading (I even get a [ OK ]
    when loading it), but when I do a modules cdrom* it return nothing.

    This, I'm thinking, is my problem. Because every time I do a cd
    device list or something else using cd, I get command unrecognized or
    some such error. So, what am I missing?

    Andy

  2. Re: How does one mount a cdrom in netware 6

    Andrew,

    Just type CDROM. It should say mounting volume cdname.

    You load the cd driver in startup.ncf.

    load NWCONFIG.NLM, go to drivers & have a look at what is loaded. If
    it's not there then try adding it.

    In article , Andrew
    Falanga writes
    >Hello,
    >
    >This probably sounds stupid, but I've not been in netware much for the
    >last two years. Normally, I'd just do something like:
    >
    >> load idecd.ham (or idecd.cdm, don't remember now)
    >> load cdrom.nlm
    >> cd device list
    >> cd mounst

    >If memory serves, this is pretty close to what I usually did to get a
    >cd mounted in netware. I'm having difficulty mounting it though. I
    >noticed that the idecd nlm is loaded, but when I type the cdrom.nlm on
    >the command line it appears to be loading (I even get a [ OK ]
    >when loading it), but when I do a modules cdrom* it return nothing.
    >
    >This, I'm thinking, is my problem. Because every time I do a cd
    >device list or something else using cd, I get command unrecognized or
    >some such error. So, what am I missing?
    >
    >Andy

    Keith Bailey
    Computer Manager
    Kingsbury High School
    LONDON UK

  3. Re: How does one mount a cdrom in netware 6

    On 10 Dec 2003 07:02:01 -0800, Andrew Falanga wrote:
    > If memory serves, this is pretty close to what I usually did to get a
    > cd mounted in netware. I'm having difficulty mounting it though. I

    It's in the NSS file system, now, no longer its own dedicated module.

    --
    | David Gersic dgersic_@_niu.edu |
    | PENTIUM: Processor Errors Numbering Thousands In Users Machines |

  4. Re: How does one mount a cdrom in netware 6

    Type at the server console:

    cd9660

    This will load the necessary NSS modules for the CDRom. It will auto-mount the volume.

    Craig L Winberg
    Office 801-861-8261
    Cell 801-362-9842
    cwinberg@novell.com
    Novell, Inc., The leading provider of informatioN solutioNs
    www.novell.com

    >>> Andrew Falanga 12/10/2003 8:02:01 AM >>>

    Hello,

    This probably sounds stupid, but I've not been in netware much for the
    last two years. Normally, I'd just do something like:

    > load idecd.ham (or idecd.cdm, don't remember now)
    > load cdrom.nlm
    > cd device list
    > cd mounst

    If memory serves, this is pretty close to what I usually did to get a
    cd mounted in netware. I'm having difficulty mounting it though. I
    noticed that the idecd nlm is loaded, but when I type the cdrom.nlm on
    the command line it appears to be loading (I even get a [ OK ]
    when loading it), but when I do a modules cdrom* it return nothing.

    This, I'm thinking, is my problem. Because every time I do a cd
    device list or something else using cd, I get command unrecognized or
    some such error. So, what am I missing?

    Andy

+ Reply to Thread