Troubles installing NetWare 6 sp3 - Netware

This is a discussion on Troubles installing NetWare 6 sp3 - Netware ; Hello, I've downloaded the file twice, unpacked it and attempted to install it with the same error both times. Here's the error (as seen from nwconfig), "An error occurred while parsing file "DATA:SP3\BACKOUT". Error description: Can't find include file "DATA:SP3\PRODBACK.ICS"." ...

  1. Troubles installing NetWare 6 sp3

    Hello,

    I've downloaded the file twice, unpacked it and attempted to install
    it with the same error both times. Here's the error (as seen from
    nwconfig), "An error occurred while parsing file "DATA:SP3\BACKOUT".
    Error description: Can't find include file "DATA:SP3\PRODBACK.ICS"."

    The first time I figured that this file just didn't unpack correctly,
    but after the second download to get the same thing? I don't think
    so. So, does anyone have any suggestions? I've loaded several
    NetWare service packs in my time, and generally followed these same
    types of instructions, though this time I'me having difficulties.
    Since I haven't had to deal with NetWare in nearly 2 years, I thought
    I'd better ask here before spending too much time trying to track down
    an answer.

    Andy

  2. Re: Troubles installing NetWare 6 sp3

    Hi Andrew

    I have downloaded the file yesterday and have no problem parsing file, but I
    have another problem when the servicepack try to extend the schema it say
    that admin not have the rights to it or that the password are corrupted, I
    ave try to reinstall from scrats 2 time now with same results. I'm old in
    novell but haven't work with it the last few years.

    Eyvind

    "Andrew Falanga" wrote in message
    news:ab2edd3a.0311241137.39fbb7e@posting.google.co m...
    > Hello,
    >
    > I've downloaded the file twice, unpacked it and attempted to install
    > it with the same error both times. Here's the error (as seen from
    > nwconfig), "An error occurred while parsing file "DATA:SP3\BACKOUT".
    > Error description: Can't find include file "DATA:SP3\PRODBACK.ICS"."
    >
    > The first time I figured that this file just didn't unpack correctly,
    > but after the second download to get the same thing? I don't think
    > so. So, does anyone have any suggestions? I've loaded several
    > NetWare service packs in my time, and generally followed these same
    > types of instructions, though this time I'me having difficulties.
    > Since I haven't had to deal with NetWare in nearly 2 years, I thought
    > I'd better ask here before spending too much time trying to track down
    > an answer.
    >
    > Andy

  3. Re: Troubles installing NetWare 6 sp3

    You might want to verify that this admin account that you're using has
    supervisor rights to [ROOT]

    On Tue, 25 Nov 2003 14:32:49 +0100, "Eyvind"
    wrote:

    >Hi Andrew
    >
    >I have downloaded the file yesterday and have no problem parsing file, but I
    >have another problem when the servicepack try to extend the schema it say
    >that admin not have the rights to it or that the password are corrupted, I
    >ave try to reinstall from scrats 2 time now with same results. I'm old in
    >novell but haven't work with it the last few years.
    >
    >Eyvind
    >
    >"Andrew Falanga" wrote in message
    >news:ab2edd3a.0311241137.39fbb7e@posting.google.co m...
    >> Hello,
    >>
    >> I've downloaded the file twice, unpacked it and attempted to install
    >> it with the same error both times. Here's the error (as seen from
    >> nwconfig), "An error occurred while parsing file "DATA:SP3\BACKOUT".
    >> Error description: Can't find include file "DATA:SP3\PRODBACK.ICS"."
    >>
    >> The first time I figured that this file just didn't unpack correctly,
    >> but after the second download to get the same thing? I don't think
    >> so. So, does anyone have any suggestions? I've loaded several
    >> NetWare service packs in my time, and generally followed these same
    >> types of instructions, though this time I'me having difficulties.
    >> Since I haven't had to deal with NetWare in nearly 2 years, I thought
    >> I'd better ask here before spending too much time trying to track down
    >> an answer.
    >>
    >> Andy

  4. Re: Troubles installing NetWare 6 sp3

    Make sure that you extract the file to the root of a Netware volume. Due to
    directory limitation in DOS and Windows, you may exceed the maximum
    directory limits.

    This is in the readme of all Novell SP's
    Andrew Falanga wrote:

    > Hello,
    >
    > I've downloaded the file twice, unpacked it and attempted to install
    > it with the same error both times. Here's the error (as seen from
    > nwconfig), "An error occurred while parsing file "DATA:SP3\BACKOUT".
    > Error description: Can't find include file "DATA:SP3\PRODBACK.ICS"."
    >
    > The first time I figured that this file just didn't unpack correctly,
    > but after the second download to get the same thing? I don't think
    > so. So, does anyone have any suggestions? I've loaded several
    > NetWare service packs in my time, and generally followed these same
    > types of instructions, though this time I'me having difficulties.
    > Since I haven't had to deal with NetWare in nearly 2 years, I thought
    > I'd better ask here before spending too much time trying to track down
    > an answer.
    >
    > Andy

+ Reply to Thread