unable to rename a folder - Netware

This is a discussion on unable to rename a folder - Netware ; An admin at our place accidentally created a user with a space at the end of the name and hence the users home directory with a space at the end too. The user could login ok (without typing the space) ...

  1. unable to rename a folder

    An admin at our place accidentally created a user with a space at the
    end of the name and hence the users home directory with a space at the
    end too. The user could login ok (without typing the space) but didn't
    get the drive mapping. On spotting the problem, I renamed the user and
    removed the space, but any version of Windoze I could get my hands on
    refused to let me rename the users home directory "Error accessing
    folder" was all I got - even logged in as admin.

    I managed to rename it through NWAdmin ok.

    I guess this is a Windoze issue, but I'm just curious as to what was
    stopping me since I can create and rename/delete a folder with a space
    at the end on a local hard disk. For info, all NW5.1 and Edirectory 8.7.

    Regards,

    Nick
    --
    Nick @ noslow . org . uk

  2. Re: unable to rename a folder

    Hi,

    Did you try it with filer ?

    Amos Haurissa

    Nick wrote in message news:...
    > An admin at our place accidentally created a user with a space at the
    > end of the name and hence the users home directory with a space at the
    > end too. The user could login ok (without typing the space) but didn't
    > get the drive mapping. On spotting the problem, I renamed the user and
    > removed the space, but any version of Windoze I could get my hands on
    > refused to let me rename the users home directory "Error accessing
    > folder" was all I got - even logged in as admin.
    >
    > I managed to rename it through NWAdmin ok.
    >
    > I guess this is a Windoze issue, but I'm just curious as to what was
    > stopping me since I can create and rename/delete a folder with a space
    > at the end on a local hard disk. For info, all NW5.1 and Edirectory 8.7.
    >
    > Regards,
    >
    > Nick

+ Reply to Thread