dosemu version? - Netware

This is a discussion on dosemu version? - Netware ; Hi All. I've got dosemu running (forget which version - the latest one, I just downloaded it). It reports its version to client programs as 7.10. Does anyone know how to change this (without rebuilding - I'm currently using the ...

  1. dosemu version?

    Hi All.

    I've got dosemu running (forget which version - the latest one, I just
    downloaded it).

    It reports its version to client programs as 7.10.

    Does anyone know how to change this (without rebuilding - I'm currently
    using the binary distributions)? My software refuses to work with v7 or
    above...

    Thanks!

    Vic.

  2. Re: dosemu version?

    Hi Vic,

    The DOS utility, "SETVER.EXE" is used to misrepresent the operating system
    version to programs. It was provided with MS-DOS 6.2x and some earlier
    versions.

    Best wishes,

    Bob Carroll, CPA

    "Vic" wrote in message
    news:91859ea2870450a44cc5bcd0653fef89.60200@mygate .mailgate.org...
    > Hi All.
    >
    > I've got dosemu running (forget which version - the latest one, I just
    > downloaded it).
    >
    > It reports its version to client programs as 7.10.
    >
    > Does anyone know how to change this (without rebuilding - I'm currently
    > using the binary distributions)? My software refuses to work with v7 or
    > above...
    >
    > Thanks!
    >
    > Vic.
    >

    > --

  3. Re: dosemu version?

    "Wallgames" wrote in message

    > The DOS utility, "SETVER.EXE" is used to misrepresent the operating system
    > version to programs. It was provided with MS-DOS 6.2x and some earlier
    > versions.

    Thanks, Bob, but dosemu has no setver command...

    I've fixed it, though - dosemu is based on Freedos, which accepts a
    "version=xxx" option in its config.sys. Shame their documentation
    doesn't point that out, really.

    Now to see if that's enough to convince my netware client!

    Vic.