Netware 3.12 - int21 lists? - Netware

This is a discussion on Netware 3.12 - int21 lists? - Netware ; Hi All. I've got a program written for NetWare 3.12 that I'm trying to get running on Linux (using wine). It fails - it's calling int21 with AX=0x5921, BX=0x00be. I can't find any reference to tell me what this function ...

  1. Netware 3.12 - int21 lists?

    Hi All.

    I've got a program written for NetWare 3.12 that I'm trying to get
    running on Linux (using wine).

    It fails - it's calling int21 with AX=0x5921, BX=0x00be. I can't find
    any reference to tell me what this function does, but the program
    retries it ad infinitum, so it clearly means it...

    Can anyone shed any light on this?

    Thanks!

    Vic.

  2. Re: Netware 3.12 - int21 lists?

    Vic wrote:
    > Hi All.
    >
    > I've got a program written for NetWare 3.12 that I'm trying to get
    > running on Linux (using wine).

    I'm going to assume this is either a DOS or Windows program
    that uses the NetWare libraries and client since an NLM
    won't run except on a NetWare server. If my assumption is
    correct then you have a program that is written to use the
    NetWare client, probably either NETX or VLM.

    > It fails - it's calling int21 with AX=0x5921, BX=0x00be. I can't find

    That isn't an MS-DOS hooked interrupt according to Ralph
    Brown's Interrupt list. See:
    http://www.ctyme.com/intr/int-21.htm

    I would guess that is a hook into the NetWare client for
    whatever platform and you need that client loaded. NETX,
    VLM or Client32.

    > any reference to tell me what this function does, but the program
    > retries it ad infinitum, so it clearly means it...

    Have you searched developer.netware.com? I don't know if
    that kind of stuff is on the sight or not, but that's where
    I would start.

    --
    Kevin D. Snodgrass
    kdsnodgrass (at) yahoo [dot] com

  3. Re: Netware 3.12 - int21 lists?

    "Kevin D. Snodgrass" wrote in message

    > I'm going to assume this is either a DOS or Windows program
    > that uses the NetWare libraries and client since an NLM
    > won't run except on a NetWare server.

    Yep. Sorry, I should have been a bit clearer...

    > If my assumption is
    > correct then you have a program that is written to use the
    > NetWare client, probably either NETX or VLM.

    It's using netx at the moment - I'm trying to get it to run under an
    emulator (not sure which yet) on Linux. But it's looking like I'll have
    to use the genuine netx client on top of tht emulator... So much for the
    nice clean architecture I was hoping for!

    > That isn't an MS-DOS hooked interrupt according to Ralph
    > Brown's Interrupt list.

    I know! Hence the original question...

    > Have you searched developer.netware.com? I don't know if
    > that kind of stuff is on the sight or not, but that's where
    > I would start.

    I had a look round the developer stuff at Novell.com with no success -
    I'll keep on searching... ;-)

    Vic.

  4. Re: Netware 3.12 - int21 lists?

    Vic wrote:
    > It's using netx at the moment - I'm trying to get it to run under an
    > emulator (not sure which yet) on Linux. But it's looking like I'll have
    > to use the genuine netx client on top of tht emulator... So much for the
    > nice clean architecture I was hoping for!

    Well, you do have to run *something* that will provide the
    NetWare client APIs. NETX, VLM or Client32 are the normal
    methods.

    I would try the VLM client myself. Much better that NETX.

    --
    Kevin D. Snodgrass
    kdsnodgrass (at) yahoo [dot] com

+ Reply to Thread