Semicolon in autoexec.ncf - Netware

This is a discussion on Semicolon in autoexec.ncf - Netware ; I have a simple question, so I hope someone can help me. I have figured out that the semicolon is used for comments in autoexec.ncf But what is the '#'-sign for? The version is Novell Netware 5.0, but I suppose ...

  1. Semicolon in autoexec.ncf

    I have a simple question, so I hope someone can help me.
    I have figured out that the semicolon is used for comments in autoexec.ncf
    But what is the '#'-sign for?
    The version is Novell Netware 5.0, but I suppose itīs the same in all
    versions.
    Thanks
    Tomas

  2. Re: Semicolon in autoexec.ncf

    "Tomas Gustafsson" wrote in message
    newsj%bb.29856$dP1.87239@newsc.telia.net...
    > I have a simple question, so I hope someone can help me.
    > I have figured out that the semicolon is used for comments in autoexec.ncf
    > But what is the '#'-sign for?
    > The version is Novell Netware 5.0, but I suppose itīs the same in all
    > versions.

    '#' REMarks out the line the same as ';'

    TTFN,
    Dave

  3. Re: Semicolon in autoexec.ncf

    > > I have a simple question, so I hope someone can help me.
    > > I have figured out that the semicolon is used for comments in

    autoexec.ncf
    > > But what is the '#'-sign for?
    > > The version is Novell Netware 5.0, but I suppose itīs the same in all
    > > versions.

    > '#' REMarks out the line the same as ';'
    >
    > TTFN,
    > Dave

    So thereīs no difference at all between ';' and '#' ?
    Tomas

  4. Re: Semicolon in autoexec.ncf

    The message
    from "Tomas Gustafsson" contains these words:

    > > > I have a simple question, so I hope someone can help me.
    > > > I have figured out that the semicolon is used for comments in

    > autoexec.ncf
    > > > But what is the '#'-sign for?
    > > > The version is Novell Netware 5.0, but I suppose itīs the same in all
    > > > versions.

    > > '#' REMarks out the line the same as ';'
    > >
    > > TTFN,
    > > Dave

    > So thereīs no difference at all between ';' and '#' ?
    > Tomas

    ISTR '#' standing for 'NOT' in IF/THEN constructs (BIMBW :-).

    --
    Regards, John.

    To reply directly, please remove "buttplug" .Mail via the
    "Reply Direct" button and Spam-bots will be rejected.

  5. Re: Semicolon in autoexec.ncf

    tomas.g@no_spam.telia.com wrote:

    > So there?s no difference at all between ';' and '#' ?

    Nope.

    --
    Stefan Braunstein
    - no e-mails -

  6. Re: Semicolon in autoexec.ncf

    ISTR? BIMBW? Someone who can translate to English? :-)

    > ISTR '#' standing for 'NOT' in IF/THEN constructs (BIMBW :-).
    >
    > --
    > Regards, John.
    >
    > To reply directly, please remove "buttplug" .Mail via the
    > "Reply Direct" button and Spam-bots will be rejected.

  7. Re: Semicolon in autoexec.ncf

    On Fri, 26 Sep 2003 17:04:09 GMT, Tomas Gustafsson wrote:
    > ISTR? BIMBW? Someone who can translate to English? :-)

    I Seem To Remember. But I Might Be Wrong.

    --
    | David Gersic dgersic_@_niu.edu |
    | We have met the enemy, and he is us. -- Walt Kelly |

  8. Re: Semicolon in autoexec.ncf

    The message
    from "Tomas Gustafsson" contains these words:

    > ISTR? BIMBW? Someone who can translate to English? :-)

    > > ISTR '#' standing for 'NOT' in IF/THEN constructs (BIMBW :-).
    > >
    > > --
    > > Regards, John.
    > >
    > > To reply directly, please remove "buttplug" .Mail via the
    > > "Reply Direct" button and Spam-bots will be rejected.

    ISTR = I Seem To Recall

    BIMBW = But I Might Be Wrong

    Haven't you heard of heard of FLAs? :-) BTW, everyone must surely have
    heard that a TLA is a TLA.

    --
    Regards, John.

    To reply directly, please remove "buttplug" .Mail via the
    "Reply Direct" button and Spam-bots will be rejected.

  9. Re: Semicolon in autoexec.ncf

    Thanks!

    wrote:
    > > ISTR? BIMBW? Someone who can translate to English? :-)

    > I Seem To Remember. But I Might Be Wrong.
    >
    > --
    > | David Gersic dgersic_@_niu.edu

    > | We have met the enemy, and he is us. -- Walt Kelly

    > | Email address is munged to avoid spammers. Remove the underscores.

  10. Re: Semicolon in autoexec.ncf

    > ISTR = I Seem To Recall
    >
    > BIMBW = But I Might Be Wrong
    >
    > Haven't you heard of heard of FLAs? :-) BTW, everyone must surely have
    > heard that a TLA is a TLA.
    >
    > --
    > Regards, John.

    I give up! :-)

  11. Re: Semicolon in autoexec.ncf

    >> Haven't you heard of heard of FLAs? :-) BTW, everyone must surely have
    >> heard that a TLA is a TLA.

    >I give up! :-)

    TLA=Three Letter Acronym
    FLA= ... FOFY

    Ciao, Walter

  12. Re: Semicolon in autoexec.ncf

    The message
    from "Tomas Gustafsson" contains these words:

    > > ISTR = I Seem To Recall
    > >
    > > BIMBW = But I Might Be Wrong
    > >
    > > Haven't you heard of heard of FLAs? :-) BTW, everyone must surely have
    > > heard that a TLA is a TLA.
    > >
    > > --
    > > Regards, John.

    > I give up! :-)

    Please don't! :-)

    You're going to come across TLAs (Three Letter Acronyms) from time to
    time as well as Four and Five Letter Acronyms. :-)

    Then you'll see the likes of TANSTAAFL (a classic :-). Try a google
    search on Acronym Usenet for more info.

    HTH :-)

    --
    Regards, John.

    To reply directly, please remove "buttplug" .Mail via the
    "Reply Direct" button and Spam-bots will be rejected.

  13. Re: Semicolon in autoexec.ncf

    Johnny B Good wrote:

    >The message
    >from "Tomas Gustafsson" contains these words:
    >
    >> > ISTR = I Seem To Recall
    >> >
    >> > BIMBW = But I Might Be Wrong
    >> >
    >> > Haven't you heard of heard of FLAs? :-) BTW, everyone must surely have
    >> > heard that a TLA is a TLA.
    >> >
    >> > --
    >> > Regards, John.

    >> I give up! :-)

    > Please don't! :-)
    >
    > You're going to come across TLAs (Three Letter Acronyms) from time to
    >time as well as Four and Five Letter Acronyms. :-)
    >
    > Then you'll see the likes of TANSTAAFL (a classic :-). Try a google
    >search on Acronym Usenet for more info.
    >
    > HTH :-)

    Google is a good friend - but in this case this site may be direct:
    http://www.acronymfinder.com

  14. Re: Semicolon in autoexec.ncf

    > > I give up! :-)
    >
    > Please don't! :-)
    >
    > You're going to come across TLAs (Three Letter Acronyms) from time to
    > time as well as Four and Five Letter Acronyms. :-)
    >
    > Then you'll see the likes of TANSTAAFL (a classic :-). Try a google
    > search on Acronym Usenet for more info.
    >
    > HTH :-)
    >
    > --
    > Regards, John.

    But itīs not easy when you normally talk swedish.

    DHLNALU :-)

    ....Tomas

+ Reply to Thread