Norton Ghost - Netware

This is a discussion on Norton Ghost - Netware ; Hi I searched on other groups - nobody could help me. Is possible to move netware partition on Netware server with Norton Ghost? This is a small server with Novell Netware Small Bussiness instaled and I have to increase some ...

  1. Norton Ghost

    Hi
    I searched on other groups - nobody could help me.
    Is possible to move netware partition on Netware server with Norton Ghost?
    This is a small server with Novell Netware Small Bussiness instaled and I
    have to increase some disk space. I bought new HDDs and I'm thinking how to
    copy all data (over 20GB) to new discs without reinstalling system.

    Sorry for my English - plese do not answer in slang :-)
    Rafal from Poland

  2. Re: Norton Ghost

    Not with the current versions, but there was a Ghost for Netware version
    which could do it, unless you are using NSS volumes. The current solutions
    are Portlock Software's Storage Manager software, or PowerQuest's
    ServerMagic for Netware (which has minimal support for NSS volumes).

    You could even use Novell's software mirroring to duplicate the Netware
    partition, then use the freeware program RESIZE.EXE from Columbia Data
    Products U.K. This is a DOS utility to expand Netware partitions (but not
    NSS partitions). Download it at:
    http://www.snapback.com/download.php

    (It's in the Recovery Toolkit)

    Works well as long as your motherboard's BIOS can see the full size of the
    IDE drive. There is no such BIOS issue with SCSI drives.

    After expanding the Netware partition, create new volumes or volume segments
    in the newly created free space.

    Best wishes,

    Bob Carroll, CPA

    "Gilberto III" wrote in message
    > Hi
    > I searched on other groups - nobody could help me.
    > Is possible to move netware partition on Netware server with Norton Ghost?
    > This is a small server with Novell Netware Small Bussiness instaled and I
    > have to increase some disk space. I bought new HDDs and I'm thinking how

    > copy all data (over 20GB) to new discs without reinstalling system.
    >
    > Sorry for my English - plese do not answer in slang :-)
    > Rafal from Poland

+ Reply to Thread